lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-15-2020, 01:13 PM   #11
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: EZGO RXV alignment problem (too much toe in!)

Great to know on earlier models. I haven't worked on one earlier than 2012. Glad you had a good outcome.

Here is something I found out about toe-in on carts that run above 30mph. I noticed that the cart was quite squirrely when going around a curve at speed. Auto speed limit is 30 for an idea of this curve radius. I changed the toe in to between straight and 1/8" toe out and the cart is like on rails. If yours gets like that on big curves at speed, give it a try.
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-15-2020, 08:18 PM   #12
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Smile Re: EZGO RXV alignment problem (too much toe in!)

Pingeye interesting outcome with going from toe in to toe out.
typically toe out will make steering darty when turning wheels/
toe in[ front of tires pointing towards each other when straight} makes steering more stable.
May it be possible you may have have other worn front end parts that have excessive play/
slop in them that is being compensated being toed out?
Usually a sign of worn tie rod ends.

Unless front end geometry was changed via lift kit,tie rod angle ect. to cause a change in akerman (amount inside wheel turns compared to outside wheel during a turn so
inside wheel turns slightly more then outside wheel during a turn) toe in should make steering more stable.
Thanks
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 09:14 PM   #13
rajames17@gmail.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO RXV alignment problem (too much toe in!)

This brings up a good question for me - i just recently lifted my 08 RXV and put 23" tires on it (I posted about this yesterday) and now I have toe in by about 1" - no more threads to adjust on either tie rod. I wonder if the "stock" shock which I'm still using it the culprit? I have owned my cart for about 10 years and original 12" low profile tires had a little wear but I can see it rubbing the new 23" tires. I also noticed the driver tire turns more than the passenger tire while turning right in both reverse or forward and I do not understand why that's happening.. May be hard to tell but here is a picture of it I took today after trying to see if there was an adjustment on the steering box itself and trying realign it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg golf cart (2).jpg (122.9 KB, 0 views)
rajames17@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO