lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-14-2020, 03:47 PM   #11
2K6TBSS
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Golf cart batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Just curious. Are you saying you are going to put batteries in this cart that has been sitting 10 years and DRIVE it to another location and then begin some other work on it?
I was thinking the same thing. It would probably be less expensive to rent a trailer to get the cart to the safer place. Unless you plan on using the temp set to troubleshoot the cart.
2K6TBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-14-2020, 07:01 PM   #12
Shuga
Getting Wild

Quote:
Just curious. Are you saying you are going to put batteries in this cart that has been sitting 10 years and DRIVE it to another location and then begin some other work on it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K6TBSS View Post
I was thinking the same thing. It would probably be less expensive to rent a trailer to get the cart to the safer place. Unless you plan on using the temp set to troubleshoot the cart.

Let me explain further. The Golf cart was custom built out in CA had it shipped to NY and drove it around my property. I used it for about two years. Then I I let the batteries go flat. I didn’t charge it properly so it never ran again. Time went on and other projects came and went. I have an emotional attachment to the cart. Where it is parked is down my hill up against my fence. Its impossible for me to get a trailer down their or even a truck to pull it up. I want to get the batteries in it, drive it up the hill and restore it back to its former glory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 07:39 PM   #13
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuga View Post
Let me explain further. The Golf cart was custom built out in CA had it shipped to NY and drove it around my property. I used it for about two years. Then I I let the batteries go flat. I didn’t charge it properly so it never ran again. Time went on and other projects came and went. I have an emotional attachment to the cart. Where it is parked is down my hill up against my fence. Its impossible for me to get a trailer down their or even a truck to pull it up. I want to get the batteries in it, drive it up the hill and restore it back to its former glory.

Can't you get another golf cart, riding mower, couple friends to help push.... etc?

Anything like that would be better than carrying those heavy batteries to the cart, installing them and most likely you are going to have issues getting it to run. You must have an opening wider than 4 feet for the cart to be in there.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:26 PM   #14
Shuga
Getting Wild

Quote:
Can't you get another golf cart, riding mower, couple friends to help push.... etc?

Anything like that would be better than carrying those heavy batteries to the cart, installing them and most likely you are going to have issues getting it to run. You must have an opening wider than 4 feet for the cart to be in there.

When it first stopped working me and my two neighbors tried to push it. We couldn’t even budge it lol. It’s lifted on off road tires maybe that makes it more heavy? I thought about buying s ride on mower when the pandemic first hit, but I thought better of it. The Golf cart barely fit to get it to go down the hill. Believe me, the batteries are the last thing I want to buy.

Shuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:54 PM   #15
webwarmiller
Not Yet Wild

I think this changes things quite a bit. I sure wouldn't spend ~$600 on batteries if I wasn't 100% sure that the cart would work and get up that hill with them. Obviously we don't know the exact logistics you're working with, but a friend with a wench might be able to pull it up the hill. When you last tried to push it, did it still have the old batteries in it? I ask because a cart without batteries is only about 550lbs and with batteries is over 900lbs which is a huge difference.
webwarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:15 PM   #16
dreed55
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

The Sam's club Duracell GC2 6V battery will work fine if all your cart needs is batteries to move. I have these in my cart coming up on 2 years and bought them because I had a tight budget because I was upgrading everything on the cart at the same time. No complaints about these batteries from me. I have 20+ miles of range with these and everything on my cart is upgraded.
dreed55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 06:44 PM   #17
worleytech
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Can you get to an auto junk yard & pick up three used 12v car batteries? (36V cart?) Here I can pick them up for $25 each. Might be hard to find three the same amp rating. REAL temporary as they are the wrong construction type for golf cart usage. But would let you drive it out of it's hole and/or troubleshoot if it won't run.
worleytech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:00 PM   #18
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by worleytech View Post
Can you get to an auto junk yard & pick up three used 12v car batteries? (36V cart?) Here I can pick them up for $25 each. Might be hard to find three the same amp rating. REAL temporary as they are the wrong construction type for golf cart usage. But would let you drive it out of it's hole and/or troubleshoot if it won't run.

About the only time I've heard the suggestion of using car batteries & not 100% disagreed
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:04 PM   #19
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post

About the only time I've heard the suggestion of using car batteries & not 100% disagreed

Then he's still gotta buy the new ones.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 07:28 PM   #20
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Personally, I'd get a long tow rope.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO