lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-16-2020, 09:56 PM   #1
mbsch0416
Not Yet Wild

Default Continuous backup alarm

I have an electric EzGo with a electric Off, Reverse, Neutral, Forward switch. The backup alarm stays on in all three ( R/N/F ) modes and will not run in reverse and will run some times in forward. Newbie to golf carts and looking for suggestions as to what might be wrong.
Bought it used and this started shortly after i got it.
mbsch0416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-17-2020, 10:16 AM   #2
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Default Re: Continuous backup alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbsch0416 View Post
I have an electric EzGo with a electric Off, Reverse, Neutral, Forward switch. The backup alarm stays on in all three ( R/N/F ) modes and will not run in reverse and will run some times in forward. Newbie to golf carts and looking for suggestions as to what might be wrong.
Bought it used and this started shortly after i got it.
Sounds like you have an EZGO RXV with F/R on the key switch, but we will need to know for sure which cart and what year model.

If RXV, it sounds like a serious controller issue (at least it was when same thing happened to me). In my case someone cut the wires on the buzzer and spliced back which is a NO NO on RXV.

Please post more details and others will be along shortly to confirm or correct my preliminary diagnosis.

Where are you located?
rockfordpi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:32 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

On several versions of rxv, a motor brake failure will get "always reverse buzzer".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 06:48 AM   #4
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

I've had a bad key switch cause the reverse buzzer to sound in all three positions before as well.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO