lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2020, 02:56 PM   #1
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default TXT48 Limo Stretch Project

So Im getting ready to pull the trigger on a stretch to my TXT48.

Im slightly nervous because Ive read horror stories on this forum about "M&M" stretch kits. I was looking at Xtremekarts and was planning on ordering there but came across a thread that mentioned that site as well. The site doesn't list a brand so now Im thinking I will just order a Madjax kit and know that one of the best in the aftermarket game stands behind it. The physics behind how they connect the support tubs to fit inside each other seems to provide for a pretty solid connection.

Any one have any experience with this? I'm very handy and my father in law is extremely handy and works on yachts and boating industry. Im also in construction and can call in metal fab as a favor if needed but don't think it will be.

Anything I should be aware of? Is the madjax kit solid buy?
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2020, 03:08 PM   #2
dougs_huntingcart
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT48 Limo Stretch Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffarias View Post
So Im getting ready to pull the trigger on a stretch to my TXT48.

Im slightly nervous because Ive read horror stories on this forum about "M&M" stretch kits. I was looking at Xtremekarts and was planning on ordering there but came across a thread that mentioned that site as well. The site doesn't list a brand so now Im thinking I will just order a Madjax kit and know that one of the best in the aftermarket game stands behind it. The physics behind how they connect the support tubs to fit inside each other seems to provide for a pretty solid connection.

Any one have any experience with this? I'm very handy and my father in law is extremely handy and works on yachts and boating industry. Im also in construction and can call in metal fab as a favor if needed but don't think it will be.

Anything I should be aware of? Is the madjax kit solid buy?
You have someone else thinking the same thing under the gas ezgo section....may want to look at that thread and read discussion.
Sorry I have a shuttle and worked through re wiring that cart but have not stretched a cart
dougs_huntingcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 03:18 PM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I stretched a txt a few years back using a kit I got from Ezgo. Was fairly straightforward but cutting the cart in half was a little tough on the nerves!!
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 03:56 PM   #4
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
I stretched a txt a few years back using a kit I got from Ezgo. Was fairly straightforward but cutting the cart in half was a little tough on the nerves!!
Tell me about it. Im losing sleep thinking about it. Knew this day would come. Got my TXT for a steal and had 3 kids under 7. As they get bigger, seat real estate is becoming more a premium. That and wife lets them sit in middle between us which kills my romantic skills lol.

How long it take you? Ive budgeted the following.

.5 day for tear down - start after work on a Friday
1 day for cuts and tubes install (inner and outer) - all day Saturday
.5 day for wiring and floor panel install - Sunday morning
.5 day to trim out, seat, and canopy - Sunday afternoon

Hoping to make it a one weekend affair and be done for a Sunday evening cruise. Im dying without my cart, of course its been 60 and sunny in S Florida since the day after my cart blew its tire.
Old 12-02-2020, 04:11 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If I had to do it again I might be able to do it in a weekend but I wouldn’t count on it. Mine was a rebuild from the frame up so took longer. Just as a heads up you will need a mini grinder to clean up the inside of the frame rails after you cut them. Mine gave us a real battle sliding it together. Took some beating to get it together. Once together it was pretty solid.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 04:19 PM   #6
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If I had to do it again I might be able to do it in a weekend but I wouldn’t count on it. Mine was a rebuild from the frame up so took longer. Just as a heads up you will need a mini grinder to clean up the inside of the frame rails after you cut them. Mine gave us a real battle sliding it together. Took some beating to get it together. Once together it was pretty solid.
Good heads up. I haven't been able to find any TXT videos but watched the Madjax video on a Club Cart. That aluminum def files down easier than my steel will but I can handle that. Id rather it be nice and tight then have ANY play in it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO