lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-17-2020, 10:52 PM   #11
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Default Re: Auto Watering systems for batteries- yes or no

We have been removing any on any fleets we buy to sell later, and let customers know about the 'fuses connecting the bombs' as well as 'they're not maintenance free' and 'it's only usful if you manage a fleet of 150 carts' and oftentimes they want it removed after that.

We had one customer's RXV take all four out (one blew up, and the other three chain-reacted) and they said it sounded like a morter blast. One going boom sounds a lot like a .22 rifle under the seat. I have yet to hear all of them go at once so far. Lucky for that customer, the explosion didn't take out anything important besides the batteries.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2021, 08:26 AM   #12
RogerA
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

This is just the info I was looking for. Many cart owners here in Sun City use these, and several of my neighbors had been urging me to install a set om my recently purchased 2015 40 volt RXV with 6 Trojan 8v T875. I'll stay with a once a week water check and my bulb filler. THANKS!!
RogerA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:12 AM   #13
2K6TBSS
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have one on my cart only because I don't want to have to pull a bunch of stuff off my cart to check the rear batteries.

I would have to remove the front and rear back rest, a 10" sub box, and the little access panel to get to the rear batteries. I have a metal access panel that doesn't have the folding ability that the stock access panel has.

If I didn't have the access issues, I probably wouldn't have one on my cart either.
2K6TBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:26 AM   #14
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K6TBSS View Post
I have one on my cart only because I don't want to have to pull a bunch of stuff off my cart to check the rear batteries.

I would have to remove the front and rear back rest, a 10" sub box, and the little access panel to get to the rear batteries. I have a metal access panel that doesn't have the folding ability that the stock access panel has.

If I didn't have the access issues, I probably wouldn't have one on my cart either.
Good Luck! I suppose that MOST times, they work fine.....
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 09:35 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K6TBSS View Post

You gotta do what you gotta do.

One thing not mention yet is the floats get dirty and not shut off completely when full. The first hint of that happening is overflow on top of the batteries. Hopefully you can see the battery tops, otherwise the first sign will be wet spots on the floor.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 04:08 PM   #16
2K6TBSS
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
You gotta do what you gotta do.

One thing not mention yet is the floats get dirty and not shut off completely when full. The first hint of that happening is overflow on top of the batteries. Hopefully you can see the battery tops, otherwise the first sign will be wet spots on the floor.
I can see the tops of the batteries (and remove the caps), I just can't fill them without pulling everything off.

I don't like having them on my cart because of all the horror stories, but I don't really have any other options. I have pulled the caps off once so far to make sure they are working properly.
2K6TBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 03:43 PM   #17
ArgMatey
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile Re: Auto Watering systems for batteries- yes or no

Late to the party but oh so glad I found this out. I put a set of autofillers on my EZGO (4x12 T1275+) a year ago and kept having problems with some overfill on a few of the cells. A few leaks of acid on my garage floor (linoleum tile so concrete is okay) and I decided to pull them off and attempt to clean and test. 18 of the fillers function just perfect while 6 would not shut off at all...which is why that little filler wheely never, NEVER, stopped...

Old caps back on. Old filler pitchers and old kitchen turkey baster back in use....

Thanks....
ArgMatey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 07:33 PM   #18
Alex D
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I am surely the minority but I don't like any of these systems. THis is all serious bullshit and costly bullshit on top of that to me. My NAPA have quick detach caps and they are fantastic. One flip and the whole set comes off a battery. I hugely prefer to water my batteries with a squirt bottle.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1403.jpg (206.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1408.jpg (182.8 KB, 0 views)
Alex D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 05:07 PM   #19
lugster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Ditto on the spin caps, much quicker!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg new batts!.jpg (83.3 KB, 0 views)
lugster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 01:49 PM   #20
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The auto fill hose system can prevent proper venting while charging. This causes a build up of hydrogen gas. It's pretty terrifying when it goes boom. I'll never have one after seeing this ~
How does it actually prevent proper venting vs the factory caps?

I'm not seeing the physical difference really?
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO