lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2021, 06:55 PM   #21
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsi001@yahoo.com View Post
Ok. So I tested again. I get battery voltage when pedal is depressed and just clicks and decreases to close to 0 at full throttle. I retested the pot box and it is in range from 4.3 ohms to 4.72 k ohms. I am guessing the controller is bad. Tested it from the curtis manual and it tested good. Still confused. Any other ideas? I have bypassed the micro switches except the one on the pot box that shouldn't have anything to do with it?
Getting full pack voltage between B- and M- when solenoid clicks and then going down to 0V when pedal is pushed indicates the controller is good and that the throttle is good as well.

The speed control valve (MOSFETs) are located between the controller's B- and M- terminals and should be the only open in the entire high amp series circuit when the controller is powered up (solenoid coil is in parallel with controllers electronics, so the controller powers up when the solenoid clicks) and will drop the entire battery pack voltage. As the pedal is pushed, the throttle signal tells the MOSFETs to start increasing the duty cycle of the PWM (Pulse Width Modulated) output to the motor, so the voltage between B- and M- drops further and further as the duty cycle progresses from 0% to 100% in response to the throttle signal being received by the controller.

You as the motor runs (normal torque?) when B- is connected to A2, which indicates the motor is good.

All that leave is the F/R switch contacts making good enough contact to pass a voltage, but not good enough to pass many amps (low torque), or the motor and F/R switch are somehow miswired in I way I cannot figure out.

Try this: Add the cable from the F/R's "D" terminal to the "A" terminal and the cable from the "B" terminal to the "C" terminal, so you end up with two cables on both A and C with B and D empty.

The cart should now run forward.

If it does, Move the cable that had been moved to A to C and the cable that had been moved to C to A. That should put cart into revers.

IF it runs in both directions by connecting the cables directly, the problem is in the F/R switch assembly.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-19-2021, 04:05 PM   #22
woodsi001@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I hooked them up and still the same issue. Runs just not full speed A is in top B is left C is bottom. And D is right as you look at it from the non handle side and micro switches down. I am so lost all wires and connectors are new and ohm out at 0.01 - 0.03. Any other ideas?
woodsi001@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 05:33 PM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

I'm at a loss also.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2021, 06:27 PM   #24
woodsi001@yahoo.com
Not Yet Wild

Ok so I tried it again A and D and B and C it runs in reverse in no matter what direction the switch is in. In low speed. I did find when hooked up normal if I place a jumper wire between A and D it runs at high speed
woodsi001@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO