lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2021, 04:43 PM   #1
Skunked
Not Yet Wild

Default Changing charge receptacle on txt

Recently upgraded TXT PDS from 36v to 48v, I already own a 48v charger with the triangular charger head. I bought a charger receptacle that fits that charger to change out. From the new charger receptacle there are 4 wires, black with ring terminal to bat-, red wire with ring terminal and black wire with the box that has a ring terminal to bat+. My confusion is, there was a red and white wire that used to go to old charger receptacle that I think goes to bat+ And there is a blue wire with a connector on the new receptacle. Do I connect the red and white wire to battery+ and then where does the blue wire go? Do I cut the connector off the blue wire to hook up somewhere or is there a fuse in the connector? Thanks in advance for all the help.
Skunked is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2021, 05:27 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Changing charge receptacle on txt

Black wire = B- terminal on battery pack.
Red wire = B+ terminal on battery pack.
Blue wire = Reed switch connection to controller. (J1 Pin-4 on a PDS controller) If reed switch has already been bypassed at someplace other than the old charger port, the blue wire doesn't need to be connected to anything.
Wire with box at end = Temperature sensor. Ring terminal not electrically connected and can be attached to any convenient battery terminal, or left hanging in mid air.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 07:05 PM   #3
Skunked
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Changing charge receptacle on txt

Got it, spliced the red and white (J1 pin4) to the blue wire on receptacle and pig tailed that to the battery positive then controller and charger worked. Thank you for your help!
Skunked is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO