lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-04-2021, 07:50 AM   #1
dougdou61
Not Yet Wild

Default Cart will not move forward, but goes in reverse

I have 48v TXT with the Alltraxtxt48500 controller installed (almost 2 years). Yesterday, after driving cart for a while, I stopped for a few minutes and when it was time to leave it would no longer move forward. Moved the toggle switch to reverse and it moved backwards. Moved the rocker switch back and forth with no positive result. So I backed the cart to a level surface and it started working again. When I used the cart later in the day, the cart worked fine until ready to come home. No forward motion. I ended up backing the cart all the way home. This morning I swapped the wires on the toggle switch. Cart would only move backwards. The solenoid is clicking and the fan on the controller engages and but no forward motion. Any ideas I will go out after it warms up a bit to dig into the trouble shooting portion. Update. 1 green 5 red flashes on controller. (Motor field failure) is this a controller problem or a motor problem? Update (again) I reversed F1 and F2 Cart now goes forward. No reverse. I am going to assume that the controller has gone bad.

Last edited by dougdou61; 04-04-2021 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: Update!
dougdou61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-04-2021, 10:20 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart will not move forward, but goes in reverse

Not quite sure if you have a TXT-48 or a PDS whose battery pack has been upgraded to 48V. Both use rocker switch F/R and there is no such thing as an Alltraxtxt48500 controller.

The 500A Alltrax controller for a TXT-48 is XCT48500-TXT48 and a for a PDS it is XCT48500-PDS. They have different wiring, so knowing which one is important.

What year is cart? (Pre-2010 is PDS and post-2010 is TXT-48.)

Since it runs in one of the directions, the motor is most likely good, as are the F1/F2 cables between controller and motor most likely good.

You swapped the wire on the F/R switch and got same results.

That narrows it down to a bad connection between the pin in the Molex connect and jack on the XCT used for the reverse input to the controller, or the field excitation portion of controller is bad.

Inspect the connectors that plug into the controller. Look for corrosion or burn marks. Spray clean the plugs and jack before reconnecting.

Try swapping the F1 and F2 cables at the controller. The cart should now go forward only.

Try running cart with F1 and F2 disconnected. If error goes away, the problem is external to the controller. If it doesn't contact Alltrax.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:15 AM   #3
dougdou61
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Cart will not move forward, but goes in reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Not quite sure if you have a TXT-48 or a PDS whose battery pack has been upgraded to 48V. Both use rocker switch F/R and there is no such thing as an Alltraxtxt48500 controller.

The 500A Alltrax controller for a TXT-48 is XCT48500-TXT48 and a for a PDS it is XCT48500-PDS. They have different wiring, so knowing which one is important.

What year is cart? (Pre-2010 is PDS and post-2010 is TXT-48.)

Since it runs in one of the directions, the motor is most likely good, as are the F1/F2 cables between controller and motor most likely good.

You swapped the wire on the F/R switch and got same results.

That narrows it down to a bad connection between the pin in the Molex connect and jack on the XCT used for the reverse input to the controller, or the field excitation portion of controller is bad.

Inspect the connectors that plug into the controller. Look for corrosion or burn marks. Spray clean the plugs and jack before reconnecting.

Try swapping the F1 and F2 cables at the controller. The cart should now go forward only.

Try running cart with F1 and F2 disconnected. If error goes away, the problem is external to the controller. If it doesn't contact Alltrax.
The cart is a 2012 TXT48, and I did miss quote the model number it is an XCT48500.
I did swap the F1 and F2 at the controller, and the cart would only go forward. I also checked the voltage coming from both. F1 was 6-7 VDC and F2 was12-13 VDC. I will go back this morning and check the error codes this morning with F1 and F2 disconnected. I will also check the connectors and pins for damage. Thank you for your reply and advice.
dougdou61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO