lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2021, 08:52 AM   #11
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Default Re: Ezgo RXV

Here is the end story. I ordered a new solenoid after finding a small crack in the solenoid body. All good now. Thanks
hot-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2021, 12:12 PM   #12
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Well here we go again. I thought I had my neighbors 2010 RVX corrected. It stopped on the course this morning. One of the things that happens is when you place the cart in forward or reverse the back up buzzer chatters and the cart will not move either direction. Then when the chatter stops the cart will go either direction. Sometimes I will have to turn the key on and of a few time to get the chatter to stop. I just changed the solenoid and back up buzzer. Any ideas out there? Thanks
Old 04-11-2021, 12:32 PM   #13
hot-shot
Gone Wild

There are two other things that seem strange. The solenoid seems to be warm without the cart moving. Also the battery full gauge won’t get all the way charged? The batteries are new Trojans. Any ideas?
Old 04-22-2021, 12:12 PM   #14
kantuckian
Gone Wild

Thanks for the info
kantuckian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 01:52 PM   #15
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

I had one do something similar and it was the key switch.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 02:35 PM   #16
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hot-shot View Post
Well here we go again. I thought I had my neighbors 2010 RVX corrected. It stopped on the course this morning. One of the things that happens is when you place the cart in forward or reverse the back up buzzer chatters and the cart will not move either direction. Then when the chatter stops the cart will go either direction. Sometimes I will have to turn the key on and of a few time to get the chatter to stop. I just changed the solenoid and back up buzzer. Any ideas out there? Thanks
Hopefully, you took the correct advice given by KGSCr & rngilliland and purchased a 36V solenoid. 2017 changed to 48V. Next thing is to pull floor mat and clean all dirt from around the pedal assy and lube the pivot points on the pedals. I dealt with a troublesome 2012 and the entire problem was in the pedals not returning to zero position because of dirt and debris.

Since you hear the temp sensor making noise, you can always put a temporary jumper across the temperature sensor and see if that cures the problem. If so replace it
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 07:11 PM   #17
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

That little black disc that makes the noise is called a reverse beeper. It should NEVER be cut or removed. RXVs die after you do that.

If it's trying to make a 'beeeep! beeeep! beeep!' noise it's failing the startup test with a 25107 mechanical brake failure error. Happens a lot on Danaher RXVs if you so much as cough after you turn the key on. Other times means the electric motor brake is slipping and needs replaced.

If it's kinda making a more silent trill sound the accelerator is likely sticking. Dirt in the pedal group is a major issue with these.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:02 PM   #18
hot-shot
Gone Wild

All great info. Turned out to be the pedal assembly. The pedal was slightly forward and the cart would not engage. Thanks to all m
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO