lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2021, 09:41 AM   #21
Alex D
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ez go rxv navitas 600?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBERGER View Post
Even though you can communicate and tune via the Bluetooth app, the OTF makes it much easier to tune while you drive.

The Bluetooth app gives real time feedback, but you can't tune in realtime with it, you have to stop, and save the changes into the controller.

With the OTF you can literally turn the knobs and get immediate feedback from the changes without stopping.

I didn't realize the differences when I ordered, so I thought I didn't want the OTF. It turns out the OTF is far more useful to get things dialed in than I was giving it credit for.
It is a great addition and worth every penny. I load my cart onto my pickup with ramps. Just turn the speed down so I comfortably crawl up the ramps without any modulating the go pedal or going up too fast ... also I turn speed down to 20 mph when my 14-year-old drives it around. LAstly, the regen on this unit is wicked and for smooth driving, on and off-throttle it needs some fine tuning. Mine is set at around 25% now.
Alex D is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2021, 10:37 AM   #22
Monstermaker
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Yeah, the factory controller is very nicely dialed in for smooth operation and the Navitas takes some tuning work so it isn’t jerky and the acceleration and braking rates feel right.
Most of the time mine is dialed back to near stock levels.
But whenever I want, i can turn that thang up...
it’s like when you have a tuner on your diesel pickup.
It’s harder for me to use on-the-fly because I’ve still got it hidden under the seat, so my neighbors don’t know what I did. I might even paint that bright green thing flat black. We have an annual golf cart and lawnmower race...

I would love to see an all-else-equal shootout between a Bob Boyce reprogrammed Curtis and a Navitas.
Even if - and I do mean IF - the reprogrammed Curtis managed to slightly edge out the Navitas, the other things it does still make it worth it.
Monstermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:38 PM   #23
Alex D
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstermaker View Post
Yeah, the factory controller is very nicely dialed in for smooth operation and the Navitas takes some tuning work so it isn’t jerky and the acceleration and braking rates feel right.
Most of the time mine is dialed back to near stock levels.
But whenever I want, i can turn that thang up...
it’s like when you have a tuner on your diesel pickup.
It’s harder for me to use on-the-fly because I’ve still got it hidden under the seat, so my neighbors don’t know what I did. I might even paint that bright green thing flat black. We have an annual golf cart and lawnmower race...

I would love to see an all-else-equal shootout between a Bob Boyce reprogrammed Curtis and a Navitas.
Even if - and I do mean IF - the reprogrammed Curtis managed to slightly edge out the Navitas, the other things it does still make it worth it.
VERY true!! I have speed set at 100% Regen at 30% and accel at 15%. For loading I turn speed down to Minimum which is I think 4%.
The OTF is NOT linear in its adjustments. I found that with more regen you almost hit the windshield when getting off the go pedal and after 20% accel my cart will lift the front wheels out of the hole. There isn't much modulation of accel after 20%. All seems the same.
Alex D is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO