lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2021, 10:37 AM   #1
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 36v to 48v conversion.

Hey gang, I appreciate the help I've gotten from this site. I'm not all that savvy when it comes to carts but I'm learning lol.
My brother in law has an older 36v ezgo. I think it's from late 90s to early 2000s. He's wanting to build it up to use around the property, and also for a nice campground cruiser for the family.
From my limited research so far I'm thinking that he needs six 8v batteries, of course. He needs a new controller and HD solenoid, does he also need an HD F&R switch?
So far it's on stock size wheels and tires but he'll probably do a lift kit and bigger tires in the future since we use our carts around the property, grass, some slightly rough terrain but not too bad.
If you guys can point me in the right direction with exactly what we need to do to convert this cart I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if there's anything else you can recommend as far as tips and things you've learned after doing a 36v to 48v conversion I thank you for that as well. We're looking to begin this process pretty soon.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Whitaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-04-2021, 10:42 AM   #2
Whitaker
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v to 48v conversion.

Also, it currently has three 12v batteries in it so obviously we'll need new cables.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Whitaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO