lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2021, 02:35 AM   #1
kuikev
Not Yet Wild

Default 2Five wont go

I have a 2012 EZGO 2Five that wont run. When I turn the key I hear a little click but not the solenoid click that you normally hear the reverse buzzer works as well as the lights and speedo. There is a code on below the speedo 25104 but i cant find out exactly what its for i found 2 EZGO code charts 1 said directional switch and 1 said solenoid. The problem start happening every ounce and awhile but would clear after trying a few times but now i wont go at all. I checked the key switch it seems to be working and i replaced the solenoid and still nothing. I'm thinking its the controller. Any help would be appreciated.

I should mention that I did a Lithium conversion with Insight batteries.
And that with batteries off there is no reserve power to disengage the electric brake which helps my theory off the controller not working. (I think)
kuikev is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2021, 04:13 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2Five wont go

Normaly when you turn the key, the solenoid should click, followed by the noise of the self test (back/forth) of the motorbrake. Without power switched to the motorbrake the test will fail and the cart won't run.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:12 PM   #3
kuikev
Not Yet Wild

The solenoid isn't clicking. Would the controller still perform the motor brake test? Would something with the motor brake cause the solenoid not to engage?
Thanks for you help
Old 06-29-2021, 05:48 PM   #4
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Well, i'm not sure with the solenoid and what's lithium related. According to the RXV / Danaher troubleshooting guide error code 25104 is:
"25104 Direction Error caused by: Shorts in the key switch or wiring. Forward and Reverse directions may be energized simultaneously". There is a test procedure for the keyswitch, but i would try with a new one.
Old 06-29-2021, 08:41 PM   #5
kuikev
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Well, i'm not sure with the solenoid and what's lithium related. According to the RXV / Danaher troubleshooting guide error code 25104 is:
"25104 Direction Error caused by: Shorts in the key switch or wiring. Forward and Reverse directions may be energized simultaneously". There is a test procedure for the keyswitch, but i would try with a new one.
I did the test procedure for the keyswitch and it all checked out, but I agree with you on replacing it and so I bought a new one. They are cheap and easy to replace. Ill get it tomorrow and let you know how it goes. Thanks again.
Old 07-01-2021, 01:43 PM   #6
kuikev
Not Yet Wild

Well I replaced the switch and still would not engage the solenoid and coded 25104. But i had a feeling something wasn't right with the new solenoid so i put the old one back on and it worked, but then i tried the original keys switch and it still worked. because the issue was intermittent to start with and I'm back to the original configuration. I'm not sure the issue is resolved.

I did notice that one time when i turned the key from fwd to reverse a 1000 code flashed. but i haven't had it repeat.
Old 07-01-2021, 05:32 PM   #7
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

OK, i'm not sure If the stored fault code will desappear automatically? The new solenoid you've installed, was it the OEM version ( 36v, not 48v )? Only my thoughts at the moment.

Can't find anything about a code 1000...
Old 07-01-2021, 09:44 PM   #8
kuikev
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
OK, i'm not sure If the stored fault code will desappear automatically? The new solenoid you've installed, was it the OEM version ( 36v, not 48v )? Only my thoughts at the moment.

Can't find anything about a code 1000...
The new solenoid was not OEM it was a 48v, the one I pulled off the cart was a 36v but I'm not sure it was OEM because i bought the cart used. I did find something that said 1000 code was for a worn brake. So now I'm thinking that maybe the the motor brake test happens before the solenoid engages and if it doesn't pass it wont engage, and its worn to a point where it passes sometimes. Or i had a bad connection because i saw another thread on here were Bob said to disconnect and reconnect the plugs a couple times, so i did that as well.
Old 07-02-2021, 05:30 AM   #9
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I've just read some posts on here, found this written by Bob Boyce:

A 36V solenoid is normal. The Main PWM setting sets the average voltage to the Main Coil (solenoid). If you change to a 48V solenoid, you may need to have the Main PWM setting adjusted for a reliable solenoid pull-in. They hit the solenoid harder to get it to pull in then taper it back to a lower setting to keep the solenoid cooler.

That would declare, why the old 36v solenoid works and the new 48v arn't. I'm not quite clear with the order of the self test ( what comes first ).
If you think there is a mechanical problem with the brake, you could take it apart and have a look inside, pretty simple thing. The fault code for the brake should be 25107 acc to the manual.
Old 11-11-2021, 01:20 PM   #10
jjj663@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

Hello Everyone. I have the same issue and think it might be related to the lithium battery conversion. I am new to this group and noticed your discussion on the 25104 error. I have a 2012 EZGO 2five 4 seater. I have never had any issues with my cart. Recently I needed batteries and upgraded to a RoyPow 51V 105 AH. After the exchange, sometimes the cart will show the 25104 error code and if I turn the lithium pack on and off a few times while in neutral it will usually resolve the issue. Any ideas? Thanks, John
jjj663@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2five, controller, switch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO