lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-09-2021, 11:13 PM   #1
48V_TXT
Not Yet Wild

Default TXTE-48V Stalls

Hey everyone, I am hoping someone can help identify why my cart stalls. The cart with move a few feet and stall. If it sits for a couple of minutes it will move a few feet again and stall. It is a TXTE-48V date code C1013. The batteries have 50.1V going into the solenoid at the big terminal and clockwise to the left the small terminal with the yellow wire has the same volts. The large terminal clockwise to the left of the yellow wire has 48.6V. I ran a jumper wire to both big terminals on the solenoid and it seems to eliminate the stall. I also have to run a jumper from the main ground to the blue wire on the solenoid. I replaced the solenoid but I don't hear it click when the motor engages and I've bought new parts that were defective. I appreciate any advice.
48V_TXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2021, 11:48 AM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXTE-48V Stalls

Sounds like a bad solenoid to me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 11:51 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

With the cart in F, key switch on and pedal pushed check the small terminals of the solenoid for pack voltage. One lead on each leg.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 02:23 PM   #4
48V_TXT
Not Yet Wild

I ordered a new solenoid, should be here today. It didn't click when I pushed the accl pedal.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:26 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Do you get the voltage I asked about?
Old 08-10-2021, 02:28 PM   #6
48V_TXT
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. I checked the voltage on the solenoid with the switch in F and the pedal down. The B+ into the sol had 49.9, the little leg clockwise with the yellow wire had the same. The next big term clockwise had 49.5 and the last one with the blue wire had nothing. The motor runs briefly without the jumper wire on the big terms, then stops. If I leave the jumper wire on the big term, it doesn't stall. The new solenoid should be here this afternoon. I will let you know if that corrects the issue.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:33 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The two small posts are the activation wires. Blue is ground, yellow is positive. Red lead on yellow and black lead on blue. When you push the pedal you should see pack voltage on your meter. If not you have another problem.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:56 PM   #8
48V_TXT
Not Yet Wild

kgsc
I checked the pack. The batteries have 49.6V. Cart in F, switch on, pedal down it has between 43.8 and 44.5V. It didn't stay on a set voltage.
Old 08-10-2021, 03:42 PM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If that is the voltage on the two terminals that is a little low but should pull it in. If the new solenoid doesn’t fix it you may have a bad sonic weld on the power wires in the harness next to the run tow switch. I guess we wait.
Old 08-11-2021, 11:20 PM   #10
48V_TXT
Not Yet Wild

@kgsc I got the new solenoid, but it is clocked differently than the old one. When I hooked it up it had 49V in all terminals with ground to battery and hot lead on terminals. I will send it back and order from another company. I put another solenoid from an old cart on the cart an the same thing. If I put a ground from the battery on the blue wire on the little post on the solenoid it will get the rear wheel to turn. It runs for a while and stops. The B+ in has 49.5V, the small terminal with the yellow wire has 49.5V, the B out has 49.0V and the two small terminals with switch in F, key on, pedal pressed has 48.3V. I still don't hear the solenoid click like my other cart (same model/year)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO