lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-13-2021, 10:01 AM   #1
Farrier
Not Yet Wild

Default motor wiring advice

I bought a DD/Alltrax high torque motor and controller combo for my 36V PDS cart. I'm also converting to 48v via 8v bats.

When I ordered, they mistook what type of cart I had and they sent me a motor and controller for an OEM 48v TXT. I called and they agreed to send my the correct controller for my cart.

Now for the new motor, it has a triangular connector and my cart has a 3 pin flat connector. They told me to simply match the colors and re-wire the 3 pin connector onto they new motor. Can anyone confirm this? Obviously only two colors match and I'm afraid to cut off the connector and get stuck with a motor I can't use.

Thank You
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0567.jpg (77.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0568.jpg (137.0 KB, 0 views)
Farrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-13-2021, 11:08 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: motor wiring advice

Stop!

You are showing a picture of the controller end of the speed sensor cable for a 36V PDS drive. You want to attach the motor end of that cable to the speed sensor on the new D&D motor.

Cut the gray cable off at the motor and strip back the gray insulation to expose the three wires. Black, Red and White.

Cut the three pin connector off the new motor's speed sensor.

Using butt splices or solder joints, connect the three wires in the old speed sensor cable to the three wires coming out of the new motor's speed sensor.
Black to Black
Red to Red
White to Green.

The white molex plug show in your picture plugs into the new controller.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:38 AM   #3
Farrier
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: motor wiring advice

Thank You!
Farrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO