lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2022, 09:50 AM   #1
Ohiotinkerer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 1993 exgo marathon won't move

Bought this cart in November and stored it in my friends garage at his business and finally had time to work on it last month. Installed the lift kit and tires on it, charged the batteries, went to take it for a ride and it won't go. Went thru and cleaned all the terminals except for the F/R switch and checked the wiring and still nothing. Noticed I wasn't getting any click from the solenoid when I turned the key on so I replaced it and still nothing. If you turn the key on and press the accelerator it will move just ever so slightly but won't do anything else and everything I've been reading points to the solenoid being bad but since I replaced it I don't know what else to look for or what direction to take because it ran when I put it in there.....
Ohiotinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2022, 05:52 PM   #2
Ohiotinkerer
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1993 exgo marathon won't move

Well had some time to work on it some more today and decided to redo all the half assed wiring that the maintenance department where I used to work did to it and evidently something was loose or there was a bad wire that showed up because once I redid it all in the proper colors and hooked it up it ran just fine! Once I got all the old wires out it looked like they just used short scraps of wire and spliced it all together and wrapped it all in electrical tape. Now I can get onto other things I want to do on it!
Ohiotinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO