lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-27-2022, 01:38 PM   #1
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Need another cart what to get?

So I need a second cart because I have some land 100+ acres mostly flat with one steep hill and a cabin that I spend a bunch of time at. My current cart linked here is a DCS heavily upgraded. Back then we were told that DCS and PDS can overheat the expensive motor when pulling loads and going slow which is how it will be used sometimes, it was always suggested to go with series back then.

At the new place I have hunter problems on property and shooting over the fence. Also running dogs every deer season and removing all the deer. So besides the normal reasons for quiet I want to get close to catch them. I have a four wheeler but it’s loud you know where I am every time I start it and I like sitting in instead of on.

My current cart needs batteries because the yewy charger doesn’t go into float 75%+ of the time and I cook the batteries for days sometimes. So I will go to lithium soon! So I could take this cart there because I might not get there for 6 months sometimes which needs lithium, if you guys think I won’t trash the motor. I could try the motor temp gauge maybe.

So my needs are similar in both places for the new cart. High torque, high amps, top speed 25 for the farm and can be higher for home since it gets used on the street 40%, 23ish tires and lift.

So it seems any Txt including series now that Scotty has a new kit for that too. What’s is the benefits of a txt48 besides that your at 48 already, I noticed some accessories stop at 2013 or change after that year.

RXV? I see new controlers that let you program since I live in Texas not near bob boyce. Any benefits? I don’t know much about this platform.

I see AC kits but are they a lot louder than my B2 motor. I was going to get a ranger EV but hard to find now and the videos seem like loud AC whine. I would like 4x4 but hopefully the posi kit I will install will be ok. AC whine is ok for my home cart.

I’ve been away for awhile and have been trying to catch up but any advice would be appreciated. Seems like a used cart is between $3500 to 5500. But i see some not running or stocker with bad batts for less once and awhile like $2000 to 3500. Thanks for your input.
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-28-2022, 06:38 PM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need another cart what to get?

Can’t make cart recommendations, but when it comes to poachers. Trail camera is your friend.that and plenty of no trespassing or hunting signs.
Only way I could prosecute them when poaching on our property in W V when we were gone. Filmed evidence is what game wardens need to prosecute poachers. Been there , done that.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 03:53 AM   #3
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

From my experience, AC carts have a different sound but that whine isn't any louder than the DC carts I play with. I would think that at any distance all you would hear is the tires running on the ground over any noise either motor would make. Going Lithium would be a good choice if you're going to be away from the cart for extended periods.

Cobra,1 nailed it, trail cameras are you best friend for catching trespassers and poachers. Some have cellular modems and can send the images and video right to your phone.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 08:48 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I would seek out an older series TXT needing batteries and convert to TXT48 with a lithium pack and B4 14 hp high torque motor.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 09:29 AM   #5
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
I would seek out an older series TXT needing batteries and convert to TXT48 with a lithium pack and B4 14 hp high torque motor.
So since 2018 when I got my xtc and b2 from you has anything changed with the controlers?

When you say convert to txt48 do you mean the wiring harness too for a pds or DCS cart?

I’m thinking about taking my current DCS up there should I change out the B2 for a B4 and sell the old one. More horsepower is better. Any reason I shouldn’t take it.

Thanks
Old 03-30-2022, 09:38 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Nothing big has changed with the XCT controllers since their introduction. The upgraded DCS cart is a good option for your application with the B2 motor.
If designing something for this application I would suggest 500 amps, 14 hp B4 motor, 2g cables, Eco Battery, 20-22 inch tires

We have a new TXT48 conversion that changes any TXT to a TXT48 with B2 or B4 motor. I currently have this kit in a 2008 TXT. THe cart is just a beast with tons of power and enough speed to scare you
Old 03-30-2022, 10:08 AM   #7
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra,1 View Post
Can’t makehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnFOWvAAapU cart recommendations, but when it comes to poachers. Trail camera is your friend.that and plenty of no trespassing or hunting signs.
Only way I could prosecute them when poaching on our property in W V when we were gone. Filmed evidence is what game wardens need to prosecute poachers. Been there , done that.
Yes I’ve been working on it but I’m gone for months so batteries are an issue. Looking at solar but trees are everywhere in the woods where I need them. I can hear a squeaking cart on a trail they put in near a fence line. That’s why I want to be stealth. During hunting season I can change the batteries but I might give away the cameras position assuming they are using cameras to track my deer and me.

Look at this video here this guy totally catches a neighbor that you wouldn’t think would be stealing from someone in his community. The guy trashed his cell cam and thought he was free.

So I caught some of the dog’s chasing my deer and the owners phone was on the gps collar. When I called and said I have your dogs he said my dogs aren’t on your property they are running through your property. Then said his dogs can’t read no trespassing signs or see the purple paint. When I took the dogs to my gate to meet him he took one dog and let the others go on my property and said I can’t catch them they’ll be out when there done. Just then a few deer bolted across the road from my property.
Old 03-30-2022, 10:19 AM   #8
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Nothing big has changed with the XCT controllers since their introduction. The upgraded DCS cart is a good option for your application with the B2 motor.
If designing something for this application I would suggest 500 amps, 14 hp B4 motor, 2g cables, Eco Battery, 20-22 inch tires

We have a new TXT48 conversion that changes any TXT to a TXT48 with B2 or B4 motor. I currently have this kit in a 2008 TXT. THe cart is just a beast with tons of power and enough speed to scare you
So I see some pds and txt 48 carts that are stock and need work from time to time and about the same price. What does the txt48 do or have that a pds doesn’t to save a few hundred on the wiring. Is the txt48 a pds running on 48 volts? 48’s are harder to find and I might have to drive a few hundred to get it.

Thanks
Old 03-31-2022, 07:19 PM   #9
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Addressing poaching problem.
Have no trespassing/ hunting signs posted on property and registered at local sheriff office. Laws may be different on what is legally posted opposed to just one putting a sign on tree. state to state. We hired a lawyer to get our property signs legally posted, and regonized.

Make friends with one of your close neighbors. I did this by allowing them to hunt our land when not there. In turn they watch over it.

We were viewed as outsiders when first buying the property. Took a while of talking with adjacent landowner, repairing his fence between two properties, visiting when we were up there, ect.
Takes awhile to gain their trust. They know who poacher is and will “pro suede”
Him to stay off your property.

Trail cams you can download vids remotely to cell phone helps if bringing trespassing charges against him. Trespassing has little to no fines, ect. In W V. But poaching does. Your state laws may be different.
DNR is your friend here. They take poaching, illegal hunting with dogs, ect. Serious more so the local sheriff.
Just our experience when moving in as an outsider.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 09:31 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Addressing the PDS question.

TXT48 is a new design vs PDS. New control, new motor, new F&R, new wiring and after 2013 a new body. However when upgraded with a new Alltrax and B4 motor they are very similar performance wise.
Similar to the point that our TXT48 kit can be used in a DCS or PDS model.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO