lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2022, 01:48 AM   #1
jdknowles
Not Yet Wild

Default Curtis 1268-5411 5,5

I just purchased a 2009 EZGO shuttle 4/6. It had been sitting for a couple of years. I was told it worked fine when parked, Purchased from a local community college. The batteries were bad and I put 4 good 12 volts I had in for temp wile I work on it. 8 new 6 volts on the way, But my current voltage at the battery bank and the solenoid is 50.6 The Curtis speed controller is flashing a 5,5 code. TS lead me to the solenoid. I put a new one in but I still get the 5,5 code. Should I be looking at a new controller? I tested the motor by jumping F1 to A2 and hooking 12V to A1 & A2 and the motor spins. I also cleaned up all the wire connections except those at the controller, those I have not removed yet but they look good and are all tight. After looking for a replacement controller I’m tempted to buy the Navitas A/C conversion kit Since ill be just over half the cost for a controller well at the price for what’s available and that was my plan eventually. My current controller part number is 611173, Curtis 1268-5411. I just don’t want to spend the money on the upgrade and find out it still wont work because I over looked something simple. I also have 2ga wire I’m making all new battery cables with that I planned to install when my new batteries get here as well.
jdknowles is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2022, 04:28 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Curtis 1268-5411 5,5

The Curtis 1268 is a good, programmable controller. With a Curtis service handset (i.e. 1311) you'd be able to troubleshoot.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 04:57 AM   #3
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Curtis 1268-5411 5,5

You can also plug it into computer with the usb programming cable and trouble shoot that way with the curtis software. Same as the handheld mentioned above.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO