lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2022, 03:50 PM   #1
Bbc
Not Yet Wild

Default How do I make my golf cart faster? 2011 Ezgo TXT 48v 21”tires

US8VGC BATTERIES
SUREPOWER DC TO DC CONVERTOR
1206HB-5201 250A 12V CONTROLLER

It has a lift on it. Bought it like that. Goes like 12mph max. Figured I could buy the ‘freedom chip’ but that’s definitely a no go. Dealer wont configure the controller because its lifted.

What controller can I upgrade to on the stock motor? Roads we can travel on speed limit is 35mph and would also like to use it on the beach.
Bbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-05-2022, 04:15 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How do I make my golf cart faster? 2011 Ezgo TXT 48v 21”tires

Use the Alltrax XCT48400TXT48 controller and an upgraded solenoid for about 23-25mph on big tires and stock motor.

The 400 amp control and a 200 solenoid will do the job with the stock motor. The 500 amp control fits an aftermarket motor better but, it requires a 400 solenoid and that solenoid has 3/8ths terminals which require a cable lug upgrade and so you see down the rabbit hole you go.

400/200 combo is about $610 these days. You can add a fan kit for extended peak output, nice if the streets have any incline.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 04:31 PM   #3
Bbc
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Use the Alltrax XCT48400TXT48 controller and an upgraded solenoid for about 23-25mph on big tires and stock motor.

The 400 amp control and a 200 solenoid will do the job with the stock motor. The 500 amp control fits an aftermarket motor better but, it requires a 400 solenoid and that solenoid has 3/8ths terminals which require a cable lug upgrade and so you see down the rabbit hole you go.

400/200 combo is about $610 these days. You can add a fan kit for extended peak output, nice if the streets have any incline.
I get lost in rabbit holes, thanks for narrowing down for me for the stock motor. Where can I get this combo for $610? Edit: I see your signature

Now…. for the aftermarket. What options are there? I started searching through here as soon as i posted because this is my first cart. But i seen members link to third party vendors for aftermarket motors. Thing is, I have no clue which would suit me.
Bbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 06:09 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I would use the Admiral B2 without a lift and Admiral B4 with big tires, rear seat, or hills.
Stock motor is 2.5 hp
Admiral B2 is 10 hp
And the B4 is a 14 hp motor.

We have all of these things in our store and I can preprogram the control for the motor if you go that route. Send me an email at the address in my signature. Thank you
Old 04-05-2022, 06:10 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I would use the Admiral B2 without a lift and Admiral B4 with big tires, rear seat, or hills.
Stock motor is 2.5 hp
Admiral B2 is 10 hp
And the B4 is a 14 hp motor.

We have all of these things in our store as do other sponsors here on BGW. I can preprogram the control for the motor if you go that route. Send me an email at the address in my signature if you have any questions. Thank you
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO