lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-04-2010, 12:53 PM   #1
ice329
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Just picked up a 1982 Yamaha G1 Gas

Hello, and cool sight you have here. Just picked up a G1. Was running real bad but my days of MX racing finally payed off some... first the oil injection system was hooked up and they were also premixing the fuel..hehe I disconected the system and started with a 50-1 premix and whalla the smoking has all but stopped. A few adjustments to the carb and she is running pretty good. It is missing the air filter so I am debating to go back to stock or get something like a K&N. I read lots of all your threads and think i will BBQ the pipe soon. I do have a question about the govener.

Can the govener if left in place and utilized be adjusted so the cart gets ful throtal? or does the D shaped rod that pivits into the case actually do something? I feel i got it adjusted out as much as i could, and still feel its could be holding back.

Thanks in advance, and if someone knows a K&N filter that fits easily plz send the numbers. Joey
ice329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-05-2010, 07:12 AM   #2
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Just picked up a 1982 Yamaha G1 Gas

Nice cart Joey, I have 2 G1's had 3 and I love them. Right now got a 82 and a 81 the 81 I use around the house pulling a 60 inch Swisher finish mower plus long rides back in the woods, everything is stock on it except for the Beverly Hillbillies truck bed I made on the back hahaha. My 82 I am customizing still have some sanding to do on it then the paint. I copied off a good friend of mine on here Ron and his Geep I so I named mine the Geep II.
Getting back on what your question was I run my 81 without a governor at all well it actually broke off and I re routed the throttle cable direct to the carb and it runs out great hits 28mph with a gps in hand. Soon as I get my 82 painted I want to do a lot of work to my 81, torque spring, new engine top end, lots of things to make it run good while mowing. Good luck Joey I am sure someone else who knows more about the governor will chime in here.
Calvin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G1 2.JPG (37.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg g59.JPG (89.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg g61.JPG (93.5 KB, 9 views)
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha