lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-27-2010, 03:37 PM   #1
coach3344
Not Yet Wild

Default 82 G1 losing power

Hello all,

I have an 82 g1 that I have had for 4 years. It has ran great but recently after around 18 holes of golf (yes I wear goofy pants and have a fat a** lol) It seems to lose power. I drive this to and from the course which is about 3 blocks and it seems when I hit top speed it starts to die. This is just recent but last week i did change the oil, new air/fuel filter and spark plug.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all for the help and great site

Luke
coach3344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-28-2010, 07:17 AM   #2
jimdurt
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 82 G1 losing power

If you have a g1 then it should be a 2 cycle engine. No need to change the oil. Did you change brands or something else?
jimdurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 09:32 PM   #3
coach3344
Not Yet Wild

I did change the oil to a basic 2 cycle. Today it finally died. The solenoid clicks the motor starts but I think the clutch is shot. The spindle is turning but I dont think its engaging so the belt will turn. I'm pretty much a noob but I think its a centrifical clutch problem.
coach3344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:50 AM   #4
chompy
Getting Wild

Does the engine rev up or not? If not then your problem is probably not related to the clutch. How did you change the oil? You might have lost the prime on the oil pump and unless you prime it after changing it your oil pump will not pump oil and you may have been running dry. Check your compression. For an 82 it should be around 90 to 100 psi.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

The starter/generator will turn the motor long as the pedal is down, no matter if its running or not.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha