lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2010, 09:04 PM   #1
boltz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default input shaft removal G16 gas

Well guys my bad luck continues im set to go camping friday and was going to bring my cart but my rearend is still having issues. I think the only thing left to look at is the input shaft, the cart starts to skip in the rearend when going up hill almost feels like wheel hopp but it sounds like the grinding sort of noise is comming from the inside of the rearend. i have replaced the driven clutch and everything that goes with it as well as both hubs, this is getting expensive the only thing left i can think of is the input shaft, i have taken all the bolts off the side cover and have managed to pull it out a bit but it seems to like it is held back from comming all the way out by the governer not sure. could someone please tell me how to get that all out...
boltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
boltz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: input shaft removal G16 gas

Please
Old 07-23-2010, 07:15 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltz View Post
Well guys my bad luck continues im set to go camping friday and was going to bring my cart but my rearend is still having issues. I think the only thing left to look at is the input shaft, the cart starts to skip in the rearend when going up hill almost feels like wheel hopp but it sounds like the grinding sort of noise is comming from the inside of the rearend. i have replaced the driven clutch and everything that goes with it as well as both hubs, this is getting expensive the only thing left i can think of is the input shaft, i have taken all the bolts off the side cover and have managed to pull it out a bit but it seems to like it is held back from comming all the way out by the governer not sure. could someone please tell me how to get that all out...
This just sucks. You don't want to know how expensive the Dana parts are now that Yamaha doesn't buy them anymore Did you take the set screw/spring and ball (for the shifter fork) out? Could also be the bearing on the input shaft holding you back. Did the input shaft have side to side play (like the bearing was bad)? Lets cross some fingers here.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 07:47 PM   #4
boltz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Thanks smallblock, I just got done putting it all back togeather because their was nothing wrong in their. I just went and purchased the rollers for the front clutch and will attempt to change those out.Their is going to be very little i dont know about these carts once im done with mine, not sure if thats a bad thing or good thing. I have notice a decrease in speed as well, im going to keep a positive outlook on this or im going to roll it off a cliff... so is changing those rollers hard?
Old 07-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #5
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltz View Post
Thanks smallblock, I just got done putting it all back togeather because their was nothing wrong in their. I just went and purchased the rollers for the front clutch and will attempt to change those out.Their is going to be very little i dont know about these carts once im done with mine, not sure if thats a bad thing or good thing. I have notice a decrease in speed as well, im going to keep a positive outlook on this or im going to roll it off a cliff... so is changing those rollers hard?
Don't roll it off a cliff! The problem with G16 primary clutchs is you need the puller to get the assy if the crank. Then it helps to have the tool to "unscrew" the spider off the fixed sheave to change the rollers. Last thought...make shure you f/r cables are not binding/stuck, that could cause the diff gears not to fully engage and cause a "grinding" noise. Please keep us posted.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #6
boltz
Getting Wild

Yamaha

is their a way to replace the rollers with out taking off the clutch? also if i have to take off the clutch how hard is it to just change the rollers
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha