lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2010, 08:58 PM   #1
Hahnman
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Rear Wheels not centered after adding the Jakes 6" lift

I just put on a 6 in. Jakes Lift kit & 10" tires on my 2011 Yamaha GC. My rear wheels have pivoted forwards now causing the wheels to not be centered with the wheel well.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I need to do to move the axle back to center it? THX
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart - 09.jpg (57.2 KB, 23 views)
Hahnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Default Re: Rear Wheels not centered after adding the Jakes 6" lift

You need to drop the pressure in those tire to around 5 to 7 lbs. It looks like you've got 25+ in them.

That should take care of the rubbing issue. But that wheel does look a little forward of center........
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Sounds like a torsion bar alignment problem.....did you get a new extension piece in the kit, and is it on properly?

Are the rear wheels "straight", or are they "cocked"?
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

That is a design limitation of that type of swing arm rear suspension.... I think there is really nothing you can do short of relocating the swing arm pivot further back; that would be a major mod..... But wait for a Yamaha expert to verify this.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #5
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Well I'm no expert but when I did the lift on a G14 to get the 25" tires on it I ran into the same problem.
Because of the amount of lift, I lowered the front mount and moved it back to center the wheel in the opening.
Do you have the means to cut, extend and reweld the mount?
Yes it is some additional work but the visual aspect of the end result was worth it.
You might also have to buy longer brake cables or modify your exsisting mount behind the pedal to compensate for the change.

I wouldn't think you would have to go as extreme, possible down 2" and back half the gap behind the tire.

crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:40 AM   #6
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I think they all do that. On my G9 I took a grinder and cut about 1.5-2" off the rocker at an angle, that made it look much better. Also cut and tied back the inner plastic behind there. Trimmed the corner of the body a little. It still rubs the plastic some with a couple people on the back or load of dirt. I have 22s but they measure 23 tall when I air them up 12-15lb like I run them, usually on high side of that pressure. They are trail pro tires, 22x11-8. I run higher pressure for more speed and to take a load in the box, but the fronts I run 7-8lb. Otherwise yes moving the pivot is the only way.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha