lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2011, 03:20 AM   #1
turblown
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up EZGO Mid Rise 2" Lift Kit Installation

I was interested in upgrading my suspension and adding a slight lift at the same time for my 2003 TXT. For the price, I couldn't pass up the 2" EZGO kit. I installed the EZGO Mid Rise 2" Lift Kit which includes Front and Rear HD Leaf Springs, Rear Shocks and shackle plates. I also installed new standard Front Shocks, new Shock Bushings and new Leaf Spring Bushings which were not included in the kit. Overall I am happy with the kit, especially after seeing my old leaking shocks and old leaf springs with loose straps. After some initial measurements (even with weight added) it looks like a 22" tire should fit fine for street and dirt path use but may start to rub on bigger bumps and off road use.

FRONT suspension old vs new:

turblown is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2011, 03:21 AM   #2
turblown
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Mid Rise 2" Lift Kit Installation

REAR suspension old vs new:

Old 01-08-2011, 03:35 AM   #3
turblown
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Here are the measured numbers in inches:
Numbers.jpg

Old 01-08-2011, 07:26 AM   #4
kc4wd
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice! I really like you took the time for the before and after measurements with photos. Thats cool Thanks!
kc4wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

That is a documentation of your lift. well done. How hard was it to get the rear leaf springs on ? any alinement problems ? any tips for other members on doing the install ?

aloha
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:27 PM   #6
turblown
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I bought the following from www.shopezgo.com At the time they were offering 20% OFF and FREE shipping, so I couldn't pass it up. The Installation Instructions helped my decision to buy and of course to actually install.

1 x Mid Rise Lift Kit For TXT - Item No: 611889
2 x Shock Absorber W/Bumper For Medalist/TXT, Shuttle - Item No: 76419G01
1 x Shock Bushing Kit - Item No: 612779
12 x Bushing For Leaf Spring (Medalist-TXT) - Item No: 70291G01

Note that some shock bushings were left over because they are included in the lift kit. I found that it was actually cheaper to order the entire shock bushing kit for all four shocks rather than just buy them individually for the remaining two shocks.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:32 AM   #7
turblown
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauistardog View Post
How hard was it to get the rear leaf springs on ? any alinement problems ? any tips for other members on doing the install ?
Honestly the rear leaf springs were way easier than the front as far as gaining access. It really helps to have two jack stands (extended) supporting the rear of the cart frame and a third jack stand (not extended all the way) under the axle tube ready to support when that side of the axle drops.

No alignment problems that I can tell. After the initial test drive I ended up adjusting the steering wheel slightly just to center it better, but there is no drift while trying to keep it straight. Drives as straight as it did before. Definite improvement over bumps and a lot less sag with weight on the rear seat.

I've attached some more photos with tips for the install.

FRONT:

Used a jack to lower and raise the front axle while replacing the shocks.

In order to remove the front leaf springs you have to gain access to the three hex bolts that go through the frame. Remove these two screws on the rocker panel in order to pull back the floor mat.

Easier said than done. These are actually philips head bolts with rusted nuts on the bottom. After stripping the head I had to cut the cross bigger and use a bigger screwdriver to remove.

Once removed I ended up replacing all four bolts (2 on each side) with hex head bolts and lock nuts to avoid future hassle.

Here the metal plate is removed and the mat needs to be pulled back.

From there I found the three passenger side hex head bolts and lots of AZ dirt.

Close up of the bolt heads. I just put a wrench on each as I removed the nut from under the cart with a socket wrench.

The floor mat must be pulled back even further to reveal driver's side bolt heads.

A pull pin from the accelerator pedal assembly was removed to make access to the rear nuts on the driver's side front leaf spring easier. Very simple to pin to put back once done.

REAR:

Just a pic of the abuse seen by the rear of the cart. That bottom part of the shock is supposed to be straight.

Here's another one. That strap is supposed to be holding the leaf springs together! This also shows the configuration of the three jackstands I was using.

MISC:

Here are all of the parts that ended up in the trash after the installation.
Old 01-13-2011, 12:59 AM   #8
turblown
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Just an update. The numbers I posted before were weighted... taken with a person standing on each corner of the cart to simulate force on the suspension. Here are the numbers with no passengers. As you can see the amounts added by the lift are the same, just the before and after numbers have changed.

Here are the measured numbers in inches:
No passengers.jpg

Old 01-13-2011, 09:34 AM   #9
tazassape
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: EZGO Mid Rise 2" Lift Kit Installation

Wow, good information. I can barely remember where all the parts go much less take pictures and measurements while doing it! This will come in handy for our next project, 97 ez go upgrade. Thanks and good job.
tazassape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #10
smooth ezgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just purchaced the 2" kit along with the speed racer tires. I hve not received it yet through UPS, but was wanting to find out more about the instal. This looks like great info, but I cannot see the pictures you posted. Is there any way they could be emailed, or is there another way for you to share them with me?

Thanks a lot!
smooth ezgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO