lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #1
dcdoc45
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G9 Re-ring and head question

Just found out my head gasket is blowen, under the exhaust outlet. since I have the head off, should I go ahead and rebuild the valves, my question is how hard is it to rebuild the valves? what kind of machine work does it need? Also, how much if any can I shave the head to up the compression? I do have a head off my old G2 motor, but not sure it will mate up. Didn't G2's have higher compression?

Also, I want to re-ring the G9. Do I have to pull the motor and drop the crank and all or is there a way to get the jug off the block so I don't have to go through all that. If I have to drop the crank, in my mind go ahead and rebuild the bottom end, but my limited budget would not like that.
dcdoc45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G9 Re-ring and head question

It could be from the valves that blew the gasket, but not sure. You can lap them but if they are that bad they need to be cut by machine. Most of these engines you can take .050 off the head (I don't know exactly on the cart) and still run regular. G2 are more compression but I don't know if it is all in the head. I'd find a motorcycle or speed shop to do it, can't be that much.

Pull the motor which is not that hard, the side case comes off and you pull it all out. The jug is part of the block it does not come off. You might leave the crank in you only need to get the rod off, but it is all sitting there anyway. You will need a clutch puller or make one. Make sure you keep the timing right there is a balance shaft in there timed too.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha