lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Mellow Buggie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Cutting out

Alright so I fixed my power issue, but now I'm having a different problem. I did the maintance and changed the fuel filters, oil,oil filter, and spark plug. I'm not ready to attempt any valve adjusting and carb may need or could use a good cleaning. Anyhow it starts to cut out about five or so minutes after I drive it. To the piont where it wont even start back up. I ran it all last year with a patched up intake hose and this year I got a new one. So I'm not sure it causing the issue because it not getting enough air. The only thing I did to it this past winter/spring was have the secondary clutch spring replaced becuase it was bad. So I guess my question is.. is it the carb or something more?
I have a club car carryall with fe350 engine.

Last edited by Mellow Buggie; 07-05-2011 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: more info
Mellow Buggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-05-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Cutting out

1st find out why.....when it cuts out and won,t start are you still getting spark? check that and if you have spark.....when it won,t start pull the line right at the carb and crank see if its pumping fuel.......if its still pumping fuel and it has spark than it might just be an issue with the carb......check the other 2 things 1st............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 02:49 PM   #3
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sounds like another coil going belly up ?

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:18 PM   #4
Mellow Buggie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks for the replies Tom & Chris.

1.Tom- I'm pretty sure I'm getting good spark because that was one of the things I checked when trying to figure out my power issue and it was good. Not sure about the fuel pump but noticed the fuel shut off wasnt open the whole way and It change the profomance when I did open it. Although when I messed with the choke it seemed like it wanted to go but then it quit after I let it go and wouldn't even respond to that. Either way I won't be able to check it until fri. The cart is currently at camp.

2.Chris -when you refer to the coil what exactly is that? (I'm admitting I don't know everything)
Old 07-05-2011, 09:21 PM   #5
rose88
Gone Wild

Club Car

Coil is inside the shroud in drivers side, should be a barcode on it with FE290 and then some numbers.
rose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 10:22 PM   #6
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellow Buggie View Post
Thanks for the replies Tom & Chris.

1.Tom- I'm pretty sure I'm getting good spark because that was one of the things I checked when trying to figure out my power issue and it was good. Not sure about the fuel pump but noticed the fuel shut off wasnt open the whole way and It change the profomance when I did open it. Although when I messed with the choke it seemed like it wanted to go but then it quit after I let it go and wouldn't even respond to that. Either way I won't be able to check it until fri. The cart is currently at camp.

2.Chris -when you refer to the coil what exactly is that? (I'm admitting I don't know everything)
Coil failure can be hit or miss: In my experience, the coil runs nicely then quits,then and after five minutes or so of downtime it suddenly comes back to life and convinces you that all is well. Not so.The coil / igniter pack should be regarded with deep suspicion. No amount of scientific testing ( and i've been on a laboratory oscilliscope) will convince you that these are bad until you replace them. I'm damned if I can explain the paradox but it is what it is.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:49 AM   #7
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if your sure you have spark when it won,t start than pull the line right at the carb......i pay no attention at all to fuel filters if i look and they are empty that dosn,t mean anything......i have seen hundreds of carts with filters that were empty and the cart was running just fine.......i would pull the line and and watch it.................................
Old 07-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #8
Mellow Buggie
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I just noticed when I wrote (it changed the proformance) I meant to say it DID NOT change the proformance. But like I said can't check until fri. so it sucks.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:59 AM   #9
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Thinking about empty fuel filters, and Toms suggestion of checking fuel flow...

At my campground, there were 3 carts last year, and 2 this year, that had your same problem,
First thing I checked was the fuel pump screen, all of them were plugged with dust and debris,
I'd take an old toothbrush and brush away most of the debris, then spray it with carb cleaner,
in all cases they rode away... and are still riding!

This may, or may not help... but you should check it anyway...
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:40 AM   #10
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
Thinking about empty fuel filters, and Toms suggestion of checking fuel flow...

At my campground, there were 3 carts last year, and 2 this year, that had your same problem,
First thing I checked was the fuel pump screen, all of them were plugged with dust and debris,
I'd take an old toothbrush and brush away most of the debris, then spray it with carb cleaner,
in all cases they rode away... and are still riding!

This may, or may not help... but you should check it anyway...

Don, thats a great idea that a lot of people pass right over......that little brass screen that people say hey that can,t make a difference......i beg to differ.......good call.............................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car