lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
woodbridge
Not Yet Wild

Default xi 875 steering box

our company bought a 91 xi875 ez go . we need to replace the steering box. i'm looking for a n.o.s. or used box. or if there is a alterntive box. or a conversion kit to a different steering box . is there any cart "junkyards" out there. thanks in advanced.
woodbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-12-2012, 03:36 PM   #2
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: xi 875 steering box

Your best bet is probably shopezgo.com. I almost bought an XL before I found my Medalist. The sloppy steering box and only turning left properly were the reasons I passed it over.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #3
woodbridge
Not Yet Wild

thanks we'll give it a try . we think trw made the box and trying to find a trw number
Old 01-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbridge View Post
our company bought a 91 xi875 ez go . we need to replace the steering box. i'm looking for a n.o.s. or used box. or if there is a alterntive box. or a conversion kit to a different steering box . is there any cart "junkyards" out there. thanks in advanced.
I'm not familiar with your cart, but if you buy a new one that's ten years old or older, it will likely be worn out, and sloppy. The rack and pinion wear out on those things, but there are other bushings that also wear.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #5
woodbridge
Not Yet Wild

yes its a learning experince. we bought two of these old ones. one for spare parts. but it turned out the with a little tlc both are useable, except for the steering box. our cart is the style where two people set over the front wheels and there is a flat bed behind them. diamond plate sheet metal. hope this helps
Old 01-17-2012, 05:10 PM   #6
Jimmyxxl
Not Yet Wild

Smile Re: xi 875 steering box

The steering worm gear and pinion are good if anyone has a lead on a good case (the bearings floated around and ate it up that would work as well. It is a discontinued part from the manufacture, so we have to go used or nos.
Jimmyxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO