lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #11
Pablob
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring for Lights and accessories

Ok I understand that Johnny I'll just rig up another charger and move all the accessories on to the 12v. The other part of my original question was does anyone have wiring diagram with all the accessories on a 12v. I have stock headlights and I want find where the best place to cut into and route the wiring back the 12v?
Pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #12
dawgn86
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

after reading this, and other post on accessories, here is what I am thinking about doing. Thoughts and opinions are most welcome.

I just put a light kit on my 08 PDS and run it off the main battery pack. I am going to get a deep cycle 12v battery and run a distribution block to it via 10 gauge wire. This way, I can run lights, radio, horn from it via the block.

I will install a power plug / port female end on the cart and run it directly to the 12v battery and use the male end from a trickle charger to keep the battery charged. This way I can also plug in cell phone, spotlight, etc.

Would this work ok?
dawgn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #13
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah, it'll work. I use the 12v for everything, the 36v runs the drive system and nothing else. I don't know if you plan on adding a winch or not, but that nice, heavy 6ga running to the contactor makes for a great place to tap your 12v fuse block.
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #14
dawgn86
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Kab

lights, radio and maybe a horn will all I will be running. I l iked the idea of the female power port connector so you can charge your cell phone or plug in a spotlight, etc.
dawgn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 01:38 PM   #15
kab69440
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I have one main connector beside my 36v charge port for charging the battery. I have an additional three hole with USB plug on the dash. The stereo head unit features another USB, iPod/iPhone dock, 1/8" stereo input. I am good to go! I can charge most anything!
kab69440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:39 AM   #16
jeffkerr24@me.com
Not Yet Wild

Does anyone have good close up pics of the two different ways of doing this? With multiple accessories attached? I just want to see the difference between using the 12V battery with distribution block vs voltage reducer and how to hook it all up. Thanks.
jeffkerr24@me.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:00 PM   #17
Dsiekman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkerr24@me.com View Post
Does anyone have good close up pics of the two different ways of doing this? With multiple accessories attached? I just want to see the difference between using the 12V battery with distribution block vs voltage reducer and how to hook it all up. Thanks.
You can (and probably want to) use a distribution block with a voltage reducer or single 12v. It just gives a cleaner connection than splicing stuff together or running multiple taps off of a battery. Any marine store should have them in various sizes or you can check out amazon. I recently picked up but have not yet installed a distribution and grounding block from Blue Sea Systems. Nice stuff.
Dsiekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO