lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #11
Dean Wise
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: PROJECT! Carryall turf 2....Need some help

I just revived a carryall 272 that I got from a local city. It has a kawasaki fe 400.
I had a similar problem when I filled the crankcase I got it a little over full on engine oil.
The fuel pump works from crankcase pressure, but could not get enough pressure because of being overfull.
It started pumping oil from the vent on top of the fuel pump which was my first clue.
It was a new pump that I probably did not need if I had not overfilled things to start with, but now I have a spare fuel pump.
Good luck.
Dean Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2012, 06:08 PM   #12
Tomfl
Not Yet Wild

Update of the day it seems, but all is working well. Not sure what was going on last night but the pump would not suck fuel out of the tank. It would run if I filled the filter and line with fuel and raised it above the pump, but not suck anything out of the tank.

This morning I hooked everything back up and it seems to work perfectly. I can see fuel trickling from the tank into the filter and I've had it running for 5 minutes steady. Going to dump the oil and filter again in the morning and then put the tires on it and see how she goes.

Only thing I can figure is that the fuel in the tank has a fairly heavy mix of chemtool in it and maybe it loosened things up in the fuel pump when it soaked overnight. Who knows....end result is that it's working so I'm happy.
Tomfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #13
4vertical
Gone Wild

Club Car

Do you have a filter before and after the pump?
4vertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:08 AM   #14
Tomfl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4vertical View Post
Do you have a filter before and after the pump?
No, just before. I thought the same thing..about debris possibly making it's way to the carb, but so far no issues.

Also, I did not install a "club car" filter. Just a generic filter from NAPA. Not sure if that will make a difference or not.

Putting the wheels back on it this morning, if it runs good it's time to order some seats. I hit a spot of the bed side with some Wenol aluminum polish and it really sparkles so I'll probably be putting some elbow grease into it this weekend to shine the cart up.

-T
Old 12-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #15
Tomfl
Not Yet Wild

Update: Cart is running perfect and I'm having a blast with it. Time to start thinking about seats and lift kit wheels/tires...started another thread with questions
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car