lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
freight
Not Yet Wild

Default help with carryall starting issue

my 1st post so please be gentle. I have a club car carry all that I am trying to fix for a disabled friend who need this back in service desperetly. it has a fe290d-ds05 Kawasaki engine. when it came to me the starter would not work and I have never seen it run. the brushes were worn out and a new starter was purchased. I installed it like the one that came out. problem is I don't know what the rotation should be for the engine.I am thinking it is counter clockwise as viewed from the from the passenger side of the cart were the drive belt is. is this a ccw engine? it tries to turn over but now the belt slips. thanks in advance any help is appreciated. freight I think this is a 94 model.
freight is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2013, 06:32 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: help with carryall starting issue

Welcome to BGW freight!

So far you have everything correct, a 94 is counter clockwise, and should be viewed as such from the drive clutch.

2 things you can do... remove the spark plug and see if the engine rotates in the proper direction, and if the engine rotates freely!
If it does... then you just may need to tighten your S/G belt tighter, (not always an easy task by yourself!)
S/G belts will slip at the compression stage if they're worn, or just not tight enough.

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
freight
Not Yet Wild

Lockman, thank you! it runs now. the next question is it doesn't always start right away. could the micro switches be the problem? it cranks and starts most of the time all the connections are tight the starter is new. I just dontn seem to isolate the issue. thanks again for your help. Freight
Old 04-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Glad you got it going!

But, It's a 94... it's almost 20 years old, and it just may not start right off the bat every time!
There are so many things that it could be... micro's, dirty carb, bad fuel, worn engine... It's kinda' hard to pinpoint it over the internet!

Old 04-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #5
freight
Not Yet Wild

lockman how hard are the micros to change? the engine was supposed to be a new or rebuilt. compression seems good. guess I will check the connections clean carb etc. just glad he will be able to use it to get around. thanks again Freight
Old 04-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #6
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

The 2 micro's on the back of the shifter are a piece of cake,
the 2 in the electrical components box (black box just under the drivers seat) are a little more difficult due to the cramped space.

Just curious... what makes you think that there's a micro switch problem?
Old 04-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #7
freight
Not Yet Wild

when you press the pedal the starter doesn't always crank. let off and press again and it usually starts. the owner said it has done that for years so I am at a loss to explain it. I put in a new battery as the old one tested weak. the brushes in the starter were well below the wear line. I cleaned all the connections inspected the grounds.i guess as long as the owner is happy then I am good but still don't think its right. thanks for your help. freight.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car