lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #11
shoelessjoe
Gone Wild

Default Re: Can't Start Fast - Hard to Expalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsfan442 View Post

Why would you have to play with the throttle and choke just to get the cart to turn over? Not sure how that would affect the cart turning over.

I should have worded that better/differently. When the battery is low it will barely turn the motor over. With the motor turning over slowly like that I can't just hop on, hit the pedal and take off. I have to feather the gas and choke to get it to start despite the slow cranking.

Re-reading your posts it sounds like you're saying it is cranks over just fine when it does crank it's just that when you put the pedal to the floor it won't crank. If that's the case my battery suggestion would probably be nullified.

I would still give ClubCar5's idea a try.
shoelessjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #12
oldsfan442
Not Yet Wild

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!! And the winner is imjman57. The voltage regular had a bad ground. Probably dirty. From the looks of things, the voltage regulator and solenoid were recently replaced. I removed the grounds from the ground stud, cleaned the lugs, reassembled and made sure the the nut was nice and tight. Stomped on the gas and it does what it is supposed to do.

Thanks so much to everyone who took the time to reply. I had almost given up.

Bryan
oldsfan442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:35 AM   #13
clubcar5
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good to hear you fixed it
clubcar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car