lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
GHale
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 03 CarryAll diesels then runs backwards

Symptom: I Let off the gas, engine appears that it is stopping but then knocks 1 time, diesels and rotates backwards so much so that cart starts backing up until engine shuts down in a second or two of dieseling. Any ideas why when I remove foot from gas pedal why it won't stop running?

Thanks for your input if you've seen this before.

Garry
GHale is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2013, 09:09 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 03 CarryAll diesels then runs backwards

After run is usually caused by carbon buildup.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #3
GHale
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Suggestions on which way to head for carbon buildup? SeaFoam or other additive like auto carbon issues?

Thanks
Old 09-21-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Remove head and remove carbon.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Yeah... I agree with V_A!

BUT... you could first try a 1/2 oz of SeaFoam in the spark plug opening,
Remove the spark plug, pour in about a 1/2 shot of SeaFoam, and reinstall the spark plug, (without the plug wire attached),
Turn the engine over for about 10 to 15 seconds, then, let it sit for an hour or 2.
With the cart in maintenance mode, reattach the plug wire, and in an open space... start the engine!
Once it starts, it'll smoke like h*ll!, run it at part throttle until the smoke dissipates, and see if the dieseling stops!
If not... then pull the head to clean the carbon deposits!

WTH... it's worth a shot! (or a 1/2 a shot!)

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:15 PM   #6
GHale
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I will try the shot in the plug thing and let you know.

FYI - When I pulled the air hose off coming from the air filter, I found the bottom of the intake to the carb wet with gas. I tightened the spring attached to the throttle hoping to shut the fuel supply off. Actually makes it diesel then run backwards worse. A few times when dieseling for 10 seconds or longer I turned the ignition key to off and it continued to diesel then run backwards. One time it ran for maybe 2-3 seconds backward and the cart backed up 8+ feet.

Is it safe to assume that by turning the key off that regardless of possible micro switch malfunction, there was no electricity going to the plug?

I'm going to prove this theory further by having the dump bed up before shutting off and then snatching the plug wire off while dieseling. If it continues to run then, it has to be carbon heat buildup causing preignition.

Where's the least expensive place to buy a head gasket for the FE 350? My cart is a RG and was built in 03 34th week so its closer to an 04.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #7
GHale
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

"Problem solved" - carb throttle screw needed backing out a few turns as the throttle was not closing all the way. Also - ran Blaster "Lawn mower Tune up", through it by running engine and spraying into air intake. Fantastic stuff and I would recommend trying that before rebuilding or buying carb.

I bought extra cans as I have a sick mower and generator that this may help on as well. I found it at "ACE" Hardware but may be in big box stores as well or on-line

Thanks for your assists.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car