lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #1
cbeukema
Not Yet Wild

Default gas club car

My golf cart is not getting fuel to the fuel filter. Is the fuel pump a vacuum fuel pump? I noticed a line coming from the crank case to what I believe is the fuel pump-do those go bad?
cbeukema is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #2
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Default Re: gas club car

Yes it's a vacuum pump and they can go bad. They vacuum line can get plugged as well causing it not to pump. Did you check for vacuum at the line? And what year is your cart?
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
cbeukema
Not Yet Wild

I need to find something to put fuel down the line. The serial number is AG0037-933897. So is it a 1997??
cbeukema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeukema View Post
I need to find something to put fuel down the line. The serial number is AG0037-933897. So is it a 1997??
The two numbers after the letter(s) are the last two numbers of the year. The two numbers after that are the week of manufacture.
So yours is year 2000, week 37 of manufacture...

The six numbers after the dash are a unique serial number.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:56 AM   #5
Springbok
Photoshop Guy

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbeukema View Post
I need to find something to put fuel down the line.
Then you need to check some things out to isolate your problem.

So when you crank the motor over is there vacuum at the line or not? Pull the hose off the pump and put your finger over it. The vacuum signal I believe is the hose that goes up into the bottom of the pump.

If there is vacuum, put the vacuum hose back on and pull the fuel inlet hose off the carb and crank it again, fuel should spurt out of the disconnected hose.
Springbok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #6
Richbunnie
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I think the vacuum hose comes in on the bottom of the pump from the crank case of that car. 1 check the fuel valve. Is it on? 2 Check for cracked hoses on the suction side from the tank to the pump. Then from the crank case to the pump. And last check to see if the tank pick up is not pluged.
Richbunnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas club car
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car