lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-12-2014, 10:50 AM   #1
chriskent85
Gone Wild

Default Disc brake for 98 txt with jakes long travel

Does anyone know if there is a kit out there for these carts, It reuses the factory spindles so can i just buy a kit for that year, the jakes hydrolic kit is for 2001 and up
chriskent85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-12-2014, 07:42 PM   #2
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Disc brake for 98 txt with jakes long travel

You get new spindles on their front disc brake kits that are drilled for caliper mounts.

http://www.jakesliftkits.com/liftkit...ng-travel/7288
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:24 PM   #3
chriskent85
Gone Wild

But that also says that kit if for a 2001.5 and up. I have a 98
Old 08-13-2014, 04:19 AM   #4
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I misread your request. I saw 2001 and up. I'll bet you have to send Jakes your stock spindles so they can be drilled. Contact Jakes direct at glen@jakesliftkits.com or call 1-866-405-2537
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:58 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I had a set of Jakes installed on my EZ-GO Txt about 5 years ago. They are still working great. Actually, their shop is located not far from the main campus of Penn State University....which isn't far from where I live. I can't do this type of work, so I just hauled my cart up there and had them install 'em. It was a good thing too because my lift kit wasn't a Jakes, and they had to alter and weld something on each of my front spindles. I can tell you the guy made a jig for it and said "this is good because the next one of these we get in, I'll have this jig...I'll just slap 'em in, weld 'em up and it's a ten minuet job." Mine was about 90 minutes for the weld.

But, these brakes are the berries!! They stop my cart on some very steep Pa downhills and when I hit the brake lock....my cart stays put!! (OTOH....I ALWAYS turn the wheels just in case the peddle would decide to have a fit and let go. The cart would just slide into the nearest tree!!!!......way better than down a half-mile hill. OHHHHH.....Ugly!!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:58 AM   #6
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I had a set of Jakes installed on my EZ-GO Txt about 5 years ago. They are still working great. Actually, their shop is located not far from the main campus of Penn State University....which isn't far from where I live. I can't do this type of work, so I just hauled my cart up there and had them install 'em. It was a good thing too because my lift kit wasn't a Jakes, and they had to alter and weld something on each of my front spindles. I can tell you the guy made a jig for it and said "this is good because the next one of these we get in, I'll have this jig...I'll just slap 'em in, weld 'em up and it's a ten minuet job." Mine was about 90 minutes for the weld.

But, these brakes are the berries!! They stop my cart on some very steep Pa downhills and when I hit the brake lock....my cart stays put!! (OTOH....I ALWAYS turn the wheels just in case the peddle would decide to have a fit and let go. The cart would just slide into the nearest tree!!!!......way better than down a half-mile hill. OHHHHH.....Ugly!!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 11:02 AM   #7
chriskent85
Gone Wild

i talked to glen and im ordering the st non lifted kit, that way it will raise the tie rod mounts as well so i will be able to lift the front up to 8"s. since all it does is replace the factory spindle anyway.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO