lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #1
hubba
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default needing some help on 92 e-z-go

I'm needing to know how a golf cart works from key switch to motor. Where voltage is at when key switch is on and where it goes from there. What parts have voltage and what parts don't have voltage also what the voltage is at each time it's at a part and how to test each part in the system. It's a 92 e-z-go marathon it has a pot box and a control module.

Thanks in advance.
hubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2014, 09:37 PM   #2
crash test dummy

Default Re: needing some help on 92 e-z-go

here is wiring diagram

Old 08-29-2014, 08:43 AM   #3
hubba
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks crash test dummy

This will help me out a lot. Still needing know how to test all parts. Stuff like what is the micro switch on the top of the pot box for and do how can you test it. What is the control module for and do how can you test it?

Ones again thanks.
Old 08-29-2014, 08:51 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You are asking an awful lot at one time. To fill your request would require us to write you a service manual and a course on DC electronics

micro switches are simple on/off switches. you can test them without power using an ohm Ω meter or you can simply test for power in and power out with a volt meter.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 12:02 PM   #5
hubba
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok Scottyb

Maybe I need to do it this way. Can someone till me where I can download a service/repair manual that go's in depth on all my questions? I haven't found one that has this info. have faund some that has a lot of diagrams but no good info on working and troubleshooting one.

The diagram Crash test dummy posted is the best I've seen.

Thanks
Old 08-30-2014, 03:22 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

All switches can be tested by removing one wire, usually a spade connector, then placing your meter on either "diode" - continuity (generally has a beeper) or "resistance" (ohms). Move the switch while connected to the meter. It should read open - high or infinite resistance in one position, and closed - no or low resistance in the other.

Switches are usually normally open (NO) or normally closed (NC). However, "Normal" isn't always the way a switch is installed. Normal, may be with a charger not plugged in (reed switch), or on a microswitch (MS) pressed in, or not. Normal ain't always normal.

Study the wiring diagram. If you have problems, place the negative probe on your meter on pack negative, then use your meter's positive probe to follow the juice, from pack positive, through each switch. Some switches need the buggy to be on jack stands, so you can turn on the key switch, move the FNR to not N, press the throttle slightly, listen for the solenoid click...
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 06:46 AM   #7
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
And use jack stands. Don't trust your floor jack alone.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:53 AM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Good reminder. My floor jack has a slow internal leak. I've never trusted them, as a catastrophic failure can be catastrophic.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:24 PM   #9
hubba
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks everyone for the replys.

My typing is not that good so i hope you all can under stand what I'm trying to say.

Ok I decided to give my 92 e-z-go marathon a cleaning just trying to take care of It. It looks new for a 92. So i spride it off with water and let it set out in the sun for 2 hours put in the grage for a hour. We drive it up to a restaurant in town about a hour later we get on it to come home and that's when every thing went crazy. Turn the key on put it in forward it takes off without pushing pedal. Posted about this and everyone siad its the pot box so let it sit over night next morning same thing let it set a anther day same thing. Pulled pot box off and no water at all. So put it back on and go to put coil wire back and it sparks bad. Got wiring diagram to make positivist it wired right and it is. So after playing with this all day i gave up. Next morning tapped on coil and it click put wire back and no spark. Key on in forward push pedal and the two little post on coil sparked. so everything on no pedal and micro switch started smoking. So power off removed micro switch put red wire from f/r switch,Orange wire coming from coil and blue wire from speed control together trying to get power to coil to check it but that sparked to. Also spark some where on speed control.

So with all that said what is going on.
Myself I have on idea.......
Old 08-30-2014, 04:12 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

We heard you, but if you can't use a meter and wiring diagram, try and find a neighbor who will work for beer and tunes.

Tags
e-z-go marathon
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO