lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2014, 01:55 PM   #1
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Question 1999 txt series cart

We have a 1999 series cart with all stock parts except cables and the cart has been lifted with 25 in tires. On flat ground it still goes fine but going up a hill or the ramp on the trailer it will not go. The axle nuts do not spin so I am guessing the hubs are OK. Pack voltage is 38.2 and drops to 34.8 when trying to pull the ramp. Please direct me to the proper test...Thanks.
busman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-14-2014, 03:16 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1999 txt series cart

With stock height tires and a stock controller, your cart is only rated to climb a 14° incline and with 25" tires, it loses 28% of its stock torque where the rubber meets road.

Your batteries are only dropping to 1.93VPC (Volts per Cell), so the amps being drawn from them is relatively low for a stalled motor.

A stock controller will only pass 275A to the motor, but I don't think the motor is drawing that much. Are any cables or connections getting hot?

With 25" tires, you need at least a 400A controller.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 06:34 PM   #3
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnie,We lifted this cart 2 years ago and it has been fine. Can you tell me how to test the controller output to see if the controller is getting weak. Thanks
Old 12-14-2014, 10:21 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Clip your test leads to the B+ and B- terminals at the motor controller, test at full throttle on a slight incline that it will climb, record voltage. Move test lead from B- terminal to M- terminal, repeat test as close to exact same as possible and record voltage. If the second voltage is more than about 2v different, the controller is not doing a very effective job at delivering amps to the motor, or the motor has a problem and is using more amps than normal.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 06:16 PM   #5
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

pack voltage38.4 all batteries 6.3 to 6.4
B- to M- 38.2 V when solenoid clicks and close to 0 at full throttle
white wire in spec

I hooked the meter to M- and pack ground and m- drops to 24.3V with heavy accel and there is no load because it is jacked up. Seems wrong? The cart has a Alltrax stock replacement controller in it,I have a Curtis 2586G03 controller. If you guys think the controller is going bad can I use this one for a test controller? Thanks
Old 12-15-2014, 08:35 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

NEVER run the motor at full speed with no load (jacked up). The test i suggested was intended to be done while driving (under load). But given the limited data i have, i would remove & inspect the motor.
Old 12-16-2014, 07:42 AM   #7
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It was a quick accel and did not run wide open. The controller has a LED light on it so can I put the controller in diagnostics and see if it flashes a code when it acts up?
Old 12-16-2014, 09:35 AM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

The stock controller doesnt typically have a led, unless its a 48v sepex specialty vehicle. Post a pic?
Old 12-16-2014, 10:35 AM   #9
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

It is a Alltrax stock replacement that was on the cart when we got it. It has the green light but I do not know how to put it in diagnostic mode. Thanks
Old 12-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by busman9 View Post
It is a Alltrax stock replacement that was on the cart when we got it. It has the green light but I do not know how to put it in diagnostic mode. Thanks
It is always in diagnostic mode.

Here is the page about what the LED is telling you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AXE error codes.jpg (135.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO