lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2015, 10:02 AM   #1
DoubleTake
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo Clays Car help

I just purchased a 2006 Ezgo Clays Car 36v Series. I have tried to find information on those models, but there is just not that much out there. It's basically a stock cart that I want to add a high torgue motor and controller on. I have a few Ezgos in the past, but this one looks a little different under the seat, mainly the cover on the controller. Its not a nicely sealed cover like most. As far as ordering the performance parts for it like the motor and controller, do I order for a Txt Series cart?

Looking to put "The Beast" motor in it with either the 400 or 500 amp Alltrax. Looked through some of the site sponsors, but cant really find one that sells a package with that. The place I have found that package is EV Drives. Any other websites to look?

The guy I bought it from said the headlights worked until he washed it to clean it up, and now they aren't working. The operate through the 3 position key. Anything to check to see why they aren't working?

The only pictures I have right now. I will be selling the stock wheels/tires, factory rear seat kit and extended roof.

Any help or info is appreciated.

DoubleTake is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2015, 10:28 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo Clays Car help

That's a nice looking cart. This cart is built on a TXT platform, so feel confident ordering TXT parts for it.
Only the factory control utilized the completely sealed speed controller environmental cover. Aftermarket controls are typically water resistant and larger units with cooling fins that need more air... so little or no cover is used.

Use a 500a control, 400a solenoid, 2g cable set, HD F&R, and D&D 4:1 motor (or custom) for high torque off road performance.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:43 AM   #3
DoubleTake
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
That's a nice looking cart. This cart is built on a TXT platform, so feel confident ordering TXT parts for it.
Only the factory control utilized the completely sealed speed controller environmental cover. Aftermarket controls are typically water resistant and larger units with cooling fins that need more air... so little or no cover is used.

Use a 500a control, 400a solenoid, 2g cable set, HD F&R, and D&D 4:1 motor (or custom) for high torque off road performance.
Thanks. That's what I was thinking on the accessories, but with going with the Beast (GE?) motor instead of D&D. I have read bad reviews on their motor. I was also going to go with your F&R switch since I heard they are the best.
DoubleTake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:36 PM   #4
grassflatsfisher
Getting Wild

Not to take away from Scottyb, but for a hunting rig check out the EMPinc 2 speed motors. I have one on a txt and it has been great. It will run 19-20mph in high and tops out at 12mph in torque. Easily pulls the front wheels off the ground in torque with a 500amp controller. I ran it 36v for a while and up graded to 48v when it was time to replaced batts. Gained more torque and run time with the battery swap.
grassflatsfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO