lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-18-2015, 07:52 PM   #11
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Load tester for batteries? How do I measure them efficiently?

The VAT-style,or the ones I listed would only take as long as it would to unhook the batts to test individually.Providing the cables aren't corroded or hacked,it should only take 1/2hr tops worst-case to tear down,test,reconnect.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2015, 01:41 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Load tester for batteries? How do I measure them efficiently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotaCamaro View Post
Thanks for the responses.

Hmm it may require 120 minutes to run a test with some of this equipment? I need something that could tell me within maybe 15 minutes if the batteries are good or not if its worth buying the golf cart.
Sorry, but it takes longer than that to get a "hard facts" answer, the best fast tester i know of is the "cadex" tester. It can test each battery in about 15 seconds each. It is just a little generous with its results in my opinion compared to the lester "discharge machine" (and picky with junk batteries), but is the best "fast tester" i know of (it costs as much as a lester "slow discharge tester"). Check out batteryuniversity dot com. That website has some great info on batteries of all sorts (with good in-depth info on lead acid batteries). The guy who built the cadex tester has written some good books about batteries, and their proper use and newer testing techniques. The "old standby" lester is really the de-facto standard tester for golf batteries in our industry tho. Manufacturers have tried forcing us into the new "fast testers", but ended up going back to the "old trusty" lester tester.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 05:22 AM   #13
RebelStryker
Not Yet Wild

I've got a Schumacher PST-8 DSR that I use for quick and dirty testing. I take it with me every time I buy a cart. It takes maybe 5 minutes to test all the batteries. No need to disconnect the cables. The negatives to relying on this type of tester are that it can't do a true load test and I have had a tough time getting the manufacturer to add profiles for all of the different batteries that I run across. With that said, I have not had it steer me wrong yet.
RebelStryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO