lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-17-2015, 06:29 AM   #21
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Wiring ? 2004 EZ go

i will see if i can play around with it tonight. Just hard to find the time. Almost to the point to just take it somewhere and get it fixed so i can start using it again

not real sure is to why the box is in the current condition or what has been done in the past. Bought it like this. The ITS box was missing the top cover so that is probably why it is so dirty inside. the only thing keeping nay dirt out was the floor mat. Previous owner had bypassed the pedal switch. trying to get thieving straightened out now
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2015, 06:19 AM   #22
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

can anyone tell me the geenral area of the reed switch. Didnt see it anywwhere

I did get me new switch installed and adjusted the plunger , the switch seems to be operating correctly, but I have now power now..

I do have a small wire coming off the B- controller that isnt connected to anything.

also, the small red wire coming off the charger port is missing. Didnt know if that would have any effect on anything.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:01 AM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The reed switch is inside the charger receptacle assembly. See attached picture.

The reed switch feeds pack voltage to the small wire coming out of the charger receptacle, which is part of the solenoid activation circuit. If the solenoid doesn't click, that wire not connected to anything may be the problem.

The purpose of the reed switch was to disable cart while charging the batteries, but the reed switch tended to fail when you were out in the middle of nowhere and EZGO discontinued using it in their carts.

The reed switch in your cart may have been bypassed by a previous owner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Charger receptacle - Reed Switch.JPG (73.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series with KSI traced.JPG (58.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 08:08 PM   #24
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Wiring ? 2004 EZ go

Look here. It has the measurements for the plunger.
If my memory serves me right it's in the owners manual also.

https://www.evdrives.com/category_s/2467.htm
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 06:12 AM   #25
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Ok,,

Where should this wire be connected. It is coming off the B- of the controller

looks like maybe back to the solenoid?

and this is my charger receptacle. Didn't see the reed switch but wondering if this is a aftermarket receptacle. the red wire has been disconnected

Old 08-07-2015, 09:31 AM   #26
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

finally got all the wiring straitened out. The f&r micro switch had been bypassed also along with some other wiring out of place.

took an ezgo mechanic 30 minutes and he had it squared away.

got a few questions now.

the cart seems jumpy when taking off/first applying pressure to pedal. basically not real smooth. is solenoid supposed to click off/on with the pedal each time?. Seems noisy and never noticed it on other carts i have driven

also, occasionally when taking off the cart seems to lose power for maybe half a second or so. anything to check out

this cart has a new alltrax 500 controller, upgraded F&R,HD solenoid, all heavy gauge wiring, new 48v batteries and a stock motor
Old 08-09-2015, 07:52 AM   #27
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro22 View Post
finally got all the wiring straitened out. The f&r micro switch had been bypassed also along with some other wiring out of place.

got a few questions now.

the cart seems jumpy when taking off/first applying pressure to pedal. basically not real smooth. is solenoid supposed to click off/on with the pedal each time?. Seems noisy and never noticed it on other carts i have driven

also, occasionally when taking off the cart seems to lose power for maybe half a second or so. anything to check out

this cart has a new alltrax 500 controller, upgraded F&R,HD solenoid, all heavy gauge wiring, new 48v batteries and a stock motor
bump
Old 08-16-2015, 07:52 AM   #28
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Comments below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro22 View Post

got a few questions now.

the cart seems jumpy when taking off/first applying pressure to pedal. basically not real smooth. is solenoid supposed to click off/on with the pedal each time? Yes. Seems noisy and never noticed it on other carts i have driven. You have a beefier solenoid than stock. May be a little louder.

also, occasionally when taking off the cart seems to lose power for maybe half a second or so. anything to check out. Only thing I can think is check your throttle up, throttle down, and throttle curve. Also check to see if your ITS is properly adjusted.

yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO