lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2015, 08:27 AM   #1
georgia088
Gone Wild

Default Help. Ez go pds quit!

Hello and thanks in advance.

I have a ez go pds (I'm pretty sure about this it has f and r switch on dash). I put a 400 amp alltrax controller on it a couple of years ago. It has worked fine until yesterday. It is used every day. I got on it yesterday and it spitter and sputtered for about 3 sec and then it just quit.
I thought this was strange because I can usually tell when it starts to go dead because it slowly loses power. But, I hooked it up to charger any way.
The charger clicked on and began charging, but I thought the charger sounded a little loud maybe not I don't know.
It charged about 15 min. And I pressed gas and it moved so I assumed batteries were dead. It stayed connected to charger over night.
I went out there this morning and it was still charging. I disconnected charger and pressed gas. Nothing!
If the charger is not connected the alltrax controller will blink once and then go out (not normal). If charger is connected the controller will blink a few times and then light stays on (normal).
It is hard to get the charger to click on sometimes and I'm not sure why.
With volt meter I get about 50 volts when charger is plugged up to b+ and b-. When disconnected the readings vary.

Please help!

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
georgia088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2015, 08:37 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help. Ez go pds quit!

What is the pack voltage (B- to B+) when cart is not connected?

I suspect you have some battery issues.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:44 AM   #3
georgia088
Gone Wild

Around 7 volts?? !! This was checked at the controller labeled b+ and b- and at the batteries where cables go to solenoid and controller

Old 06-16-2015, 08:46 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Check your meter on the car battery or ? just to be sure it is working... Then check each individual cart battery, see if one is dead or 4v. If not a battery problem likely a connection problem.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:47 AM   #5
georgia088
Gone Wild

Also, I noticed when I disconnected the charger and tested b+ and b- the voltage dropped slowly and the controller blinked red a few times before light going off

Old 06-16-2015, 08:49 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Count the red blinks they are a trouble code.
See my post above.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:52 AM   #7
georgia088
Gone Wild

Each battery checked at 6-6.2 volts

Old 06-16-2015, 09:00 AM   #8
georgia088
Gone Wild

When I plug in battery charger it makes a shorting sound for a brief second and won't start charging so that I can power on the controller to count the number of red lights.

Old 06-16-2015, 09:12 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Batteries are at 50% charge. That's as low as you want to let them get before charging but not too low for the solenoid to click & the control to power up. So you have a wiring problem. Maybe just a dirty corroded connection... start looking between the charger and battery pack... then between the battery pack and the solenoid and control.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:16 AM   #10
georgia088
Gone Wild

I checked battery connections and can't find any problems. I can do a continuity test across all battery terminals and they are connected. I haven't really done anything else and now am getting about 25 v at b+ and b-
If I disconnect the b- from the battery and check battery pack I'm getting about 35v.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO