lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2015, 12:45 PM   #1
vanillagorilla
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 pds wont move

I have a 2002 pds cart. I have an alltrax 400amp controller with heavy duty solenoid. recently the cart has been acting up. sometime when turning the key and flipping the switch to forward/reverse I will not hear the "click" of it changing. sometime I could roll/rock the cart fiddle with a few wires and it would start working normal. don't know if it had any effect on it or not but it would work. now it will not move at all nor do I hear the "click" when I first turn it on or flip the switch to forward or reverse. need a little help on what to trouble shoot. maybe the f/r switch itself or the solenoid??? thanks in advance!!!!!!!!!!
vanillagorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2015, 01:45 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2002 pds wont move

Sounds like you have a DCX400PDS controller. Some DCX controllers will close the solenoid for a few seconds when they first power up, which is typically when the driver selects a direction with the F/R switch. Whether your DCX controller does it or not isn't important. What does matter is if the solenoid clicks when the pedal is pushed.

You may have a worn out F/R switch, or loose wiring on the back of it, or dirty contacts in J1, J3 or J4 that connect to the PDS to DCX adapter, or the 10 pin connector on top of the DCX controller, or the in-line connector between wiring harness and pedal box, or an intermittent reed switch.

Easiest place to start is check the voltage on the smaller of the three wire coming out of the backside of the charge receptacle when the cart is misbehaving. That comes from the reed switch, which is the voltage source for the controller's logic power.

If you've got it there, the next place is to check the voltages on the pins on to on the controller while the connector is attached. (You may have to lift the connector slightly to access the pins.)

While cart is misbehaving, F/R in F and pedal NOT pushed, check for full pack voltage on Pins 6, 7, 9 and 10. If full pack voltage is present on those pins, push the pedal and you should get full pack voltage on Pin-5 and solenoid should click.

Let us know what you find.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 02:21 PM   #3
vanillagorilla
Not Yet Wild

Finally got a chance to work on it. Removed the f/r switch to check the wires and noticed some corrosion. Wiggled them back and forth and the cart began working. Drove it around the yard,pulled a trailer, and cut it off to hook the trailer to my truck. Got back on the cart to go to my shop and nothing. No go. Cant get it to do anything again. ?????????????
Old 08-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Tag and mark the switch wires... remove them. Check the switch for continuity from center pin to 2 end pins when shifted.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 03:49 PM   #5
vanillagorilla
Not Yet Wild

I went ahead and installed new female connectors with some grease for the f/r switch. Still nothing. Also had the work on the winch controller.After i got done working on the winch controller i decided what the heck. Turned the key on and heard the solenoid click. Flipped it f/r and it clicked. Went for a quick ride with no problems. Gonna let it set and try it again shortly. Probaly gonna drop it off at the dealer if it keeps acting up.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:44 PM   #6
vanillagorilla
Not Yet Wild

so far so good. still working. not sure if putting new connectors on the for the f/r switch helped or solved the problem but run it all day in the woods sunday with no problems and last night. maybe the ghost decided to move on
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO