lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2015, 09:19 PM   #1
GABulldawg
Not Yet Wild

Default Thoughts/Advice

This week I am selling a gas CC for $2800 and a 95 ezgo medalist that has been sitting without batteries for a few years. In good shape as it has just beem in the back corner of my buddies race shop.

My initial plan was just to throw some news batteries in it, get it running, and flip it. Take that money, the other cc money, add a little and buy a newer RXV already built out.

But then I read the thread about the XCT400.... so now my wheels are turning and I would like some ideas/options from the group.

With the $2800 I could go 42v, new dpi charger, xct400 controller and solenoid, wheels/tires, rear seat, even do my own paint.

Or I could stay with my plan, do new 36v, clean it, sell for $1500, put that with the $2200 (after battery purchase), take that $3700 put another $1500 with it and buy a built 2010(up) RXV.

Again, was an easier decision before I read the capabilities of the XCT.

I have a PM in to ScottyB to hopefully get a phone call with him, but also wanted the opinions of the rest of you.

Ah yes...usage...around the country roads where we live, campground cruiser, and around our 5 acres.

Weigh in!
GABulldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2015, 06:51 AM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Thoughts/Advice

The xct is a sepex control so if your medalist is a series (likely) the xct is not compatible. Its possible your medalist could be a dcs in which case the xct might be compatible. I don't know for sure but scottyb will know.

In any case the medalist is 20 years old. RXV is state of the art. With 20" tires and with the right programing you have a 22-23 mph cart which will not slow down on inclines (within reason). No suspension or power train mods required.

Food for thought.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:35 PM   #3
GABulldawg
Not Yet Wild

I would love some opinions before jumping into this. I make the sale/trade tomorrow afternoon and plan to head to the battery shop after I get it loaded up.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:53 PM   #4
GABulldawg
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
The xct is a sepex control so if your medalist is a series (likely) the xct is not compatible. Its possible your medalist could be a dcs in which case the xct might be compatible. I don't know for sure but scottyb will know.

In any case the medalist is 20 years old. RXV is state of the art. With 20" tires and with the right programing you have a 22-23 mph cart which will not slow down on inclines (within reason). No suspension or power train mods required.

Food for thought.
Everything I am reading thus far, from manuals found online to "golf cart museum" descriptions points to '95 being the roll-out of dcs and regen braking systems for ezgo. So fingers crossed I guess until I actually get my hands on the cart tomorrow and I get a chance to hopefully talk to ScottyB
Old 07-28-2015, 02:27 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Keep in mind that the "series" system was Not phased-out with the introduction of the DCS. You will need to check your cart to see which system it has. The "sepex" carts were available and the "series" were available at the same time for many years. In the case of the RXV, i would suggest sticking to 2012.5 and newer models with the Curtis controller, as i feel there will be a shortage of some parts tor the Danaher controller models in the future (wont be supported by ezgo parts division).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 02:40 PM   #6
GABulldawg
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Keep in mind that the "series" system was Not phased-out with the introduction of the DCS. You will need to check your cart to see which system it has. The "sepex" carts were available and the "series" were available at the same time for many years. In the case of the RXV, i would suggest sticking to 2012.5 and newer models with the Curtis controller, as i feel there will be a shortage of some parts tor the Danaher controller models in the future (wont be supported by ezgo parts division).
Thanks CGTech. I admire your feedback here. Always succinct (a trait that alludes me!) and very sound wisdom.

Good advice on the RXV, so far, the newest I am seeing around here are '10's.

So tomorrow when I get my hands on this cart, what is the quickest way to determine if it is sepex or series?
Old 07-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #7
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

There's a quick guide to figure that out. Follow this link and print it out to take with you:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 02:19 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABulldawg View Post
Thanks CGTech. I admire your feedback here. Always succinct (a trait that alludes me!) and very sound wisdom.

Good advice on the RXV, so far, the newest I am seeing around here are '10's.

So tomorrow when I get my hands on this cart, what is the quickest way to determine if it is sepex or series?
Guess you havent read that many of my posts, i can sometimes go-off on a extended rant.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO