lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2015, 07:30 AM   #1
Naturile
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Controller,batteries

I got a alltrax spm 48500 from Scotty bought new batteries I'm at the beach when I ride the cart it goes fine but you can only ride about 20 minutes and my fuel gauge says batteries are about dead? Any ideas??
Naturile is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2015, 01:04 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller,batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturile View Post
I got a alltrax spm 48500 from Scotty bought new batteries I'm at the beach when I ride the cart it goes fine but you can only ride about 20 minutes and my fuel gauge says batteries are about dead? Any ideas??
LED bar-graph battery meters have been known to lie more than politicians.

Replace the LED bar-graph with a DVM type battery meter, so you will know what the pack voltage actually is.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 03:32 PM   #3
Naturile
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I believe your right Jonnie B I'm at ocean lakes camp ground at Myrtle beach so I went to awl mart and bought a 80.00. Battery charger and all of my batteries are at 98%. There new us batteries. But it don't make sense that when you ride it you start loosing power after about 20 minutes oh it's 42 volts at home I rode it way father than that? Any ideas on that Jonnie? I know you have 42 volts also.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:44 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

It is difficult to determine what's wrong without voltage readings.

Unless the charger you have is specifically designed to charge US Battery batteries, it probably won't charge them fully. You say the are charging to 98%, how did you determine that?
Old 08-04-2015, 06:16 PM   #5
82EZTank
Not Yet Wild

The max voltage for a 36 volt is 38.2, and max voltage for a 48 volt is a little over 50...it's simple math really...
82EZTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:23 PM   #6
Naturile
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok Jonnie B two batteries in my battery pack weren't any good ! They would only read on my volt meter one was about 3.5 volts after charging 6 hours the other was 9.75 so I bought another battery because I'm at the beach I guess my battery man will be getting the two back and exchange them looks like I'm going to 48 volts ! I think I just need a charger? I'm i right Jonnie I've got Scotty's 485 package on my cart.
Old 08-06-2015, 09:09 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naturile View Post
Ok Jonnie B two batteries in my battery pack weren't any good ! They would only read on my volt meter one was about 3.5 volts after charging 6 hours the other was 9.75 so I bought another battery because I'm at the beach I guess my battery man will be getting the two back and exchange them looks like I'm going to 48 volts ! I think I just need a charger? I'm i right Jonnie I've got Scotty's 485 package on my cart.
The 485 kit includes the Super-Duty solenoid, which works at 36V, 42V and 48V, so other than a 48V charger all you need is a 470Ω pre-charge resistor to replace the 250Ω one.
Old 08-06-2015, 11:30 AM   #8
Naturile
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Jonnie B I guess that's next! I checked the batteries with a volt meter
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO