lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-03-2015, 07:12 PM   #1
Hillcyd
Not Yet Wild

Default '98 TXT Bogging....sometimes?

Last week my golf partner and I noticed after a while into our round the cart was bogging and making a very low humming sound. We plugged it in that night and the next day we checked the batteries and a few needed water, so we added some.

Last Saturday I played a tourney, drove out to my first hole and all was fine. As we neared the end of the first hole it started to bog and hum again. I ended up parking it and using another cart.

Tonight I went out with a digital multimeter and took a voltage reading on each battery. Now I know they should all be around 6v or something, but with my meter on what I assume is the DC 200 setting, they were all reading around "092". I know squat about batteries or multimeters so bear with me here.

I drove it around a while, it ran fine. I then actually played 6 holes and it still was running fine. I took readings on each battery at the end and they were the same as before the round. The only difference between tonight and Saturday is that I had 2 big guys in it Sat, just me tonight.

Any ideas? I don't have a good history on the batteries as this is the 2nd year I have owned it. The previous owner claimed the batteries were year or two old when we bought it. They look fine, connections are all snug, no corrosion on cables or terminals etc.

Appreciate any help you guys can provide.
Hillcyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-04-2015, 09:26 AM   #2
Hillcyd
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: '98 TXT Bogging....sometimes?

Bump
Old 08-04-2015, 10:21 PM   #3
Hillcyd
Not Yet Wild

Still no replies...I am getting a complex
Old 08-05-2015, 02:11 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

You need a new meter, that reading cant help us at all. Sorry, but with no good readings, we are helpless.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:40 AM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Try a new battery in your meter. Bad battery can cause meaningless, random readings.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO