lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2015, 05:24 PM   #1
marksmatter
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ-GO TXT 36V to 48V Battery Locations

I know the standard for a 48V upgrade is to use the bagwell space under the rear seats for the two additional 6V batteries. That said, has anyone managed to cram the 8 x 6V batteries in the main battery compartment? Seems like there might be room if the controller, etc. were relocated? I'd be interested in any details or links. I'm not coming up with much.

A whole battery bank change to 6 x 8V is not in the cards right now. Plus, I;d like to keep the additional range from 8x 6V.

Thanks!
marksmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2015, 06:18 PM   #2
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ-GO TXT 36V to 48V Battery Locations

people have done it and I think its been done with the series cart by re-positioning the controller thats how I did my 96 sepex.
I'm sure there are some threads in here on how to do a series cart
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 08:57 AM   #3
rib33024

Here's some threads about this

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...nder-seat.html

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/lifte...es-e-z-go.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 09:22 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

In addition, there is an intermediate step to 42V (7 X 6V) that fits under the seat without squeezing everything in.

It only gives you a 16.7% increase in speed, torque and range, rather than the 33.3% increase you get going from 36V to 48V, but if you do it right, the jump from 42V to 48V only costs about $120 for a 48V board in a 42V DPI charger.

BTW: You can get more range with a 8 X 6V, but performance suffers a bit since the additional weight is like carrying an additional person with you all the time.

The range of a 170AH 6 x 8V (48V) pack is roughly the same as the standard 225AH 6 X 6V (36V) pack, so if you go to higher AH 8V batteries, you can get more range than you get with a standard 36V pack. Attached is a list comparing various 48V packs made up from various 6V and 8V batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48V kWh Comparisons.JPG (105.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:21 PM   #5
marksmatter
Not Yet Wild

Awesome - thanks guys!
marksmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 08:52 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

The drivers side battery fits with no problem or mods needed, so one solution could be to only place one in the bagwell.

In addition to moving the controller and solenoid, I had to shorten the FNR shaft and move it forward.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO