lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-17-2015, 10:21 PM   #1
hubba
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Electric to gas conversion questions.

I have a 92 e-z-go electric cart I also have a tiller motor with f/r on it.

Has anyone ever tried to put one in a cart before?

Has anyone seen a video on how to do this?

Have been waiting to do electric to gas conversion but I want it to have f/r.

Thanks in advance!!!!!
hubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2015, 07:53 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Electric to gas conversion questions.

IMO it is not worth trying such a conversion. Too many things are going to have to change. Sell it and buy a gas cart to work on is my advice.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 09:30 AM   #3
hubba
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Volt_ampere

My cart is just a body. All electronic parts are gone so it's not worth a lot. I was just wondering if anyone had done a conversion using a tiller motor with f/r before. I have seen a lot on YouTube that has convinced a electric to gas but thay don't have reverse. If I'm going to do something like this I would like it to have f/r....
hubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:19 AM   #4
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Lots of people have done electric to gas conversions. Just look in the clone engine section and you will find many. (You will get more responses if you post there too) http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/clone-engine-swaps/

I did a conversion with a 212cc gas engine into an old electric cart. My conversion is about the smallest engine conversion I have seen to date. Most people go with 390cc or 420cc or higher. Depends on your needs/wallet.

I had no reverse and did not need it as I don't do off road driving. Most people who decide they need reverse get a rear diff with F/R but a few have added a F/R gearbox.

What size/brand is your tiller engine?

I'd say to go for it. Mind your gear ratios though. That F/R in the tiller may be geared down very low. You can get around that if that is the case, but just try to find out what you have before you start cutting, grinding and welding.

Good luck!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
will this work
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO