lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2015, 02:16 PM   #1
offthemap
Not Yet Wild

Default Anyone have a Delta-Q Quiq Charger Handheld Programmer

As the title says... does anyone have a handheld Delta-Q Quiq charger programmer? I want to find a used one or possibly "rent" one instead of dropping $150 for one-time use.

I just bought one of these chargers that's pre-loaded with a specific algorithm (aka charge profile) for Trojan T-1275's but I have T-105's.

The guys at Delta-Q were vague but basically said if it is one of the yellow and black "Quiq" chargers it can be reprogrammed. The tech guys at EVdrives website believe that it an be reprogrammed, too.

I want to change from the algorithm #38 that's already in the charger to #37 that will charge a 42v pack by altering the charge cycle.
offthemap is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-21-2015, 02:30 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Anyone have a Delta-Q Quiq Charger Handheld Programmer

Contact fullriverbattery. As far as i know, its not a "handheld" but a usb device for your computer (thats the kind i use). I have not seen any "yellow&black" QuiQ chargers that would not accept reprogramming. Your charger has up to 10 stored profiles already in it, might wanna check whats already in there (42v is a little rarer, but common for "western"carts). Look on youtube for instructions how to cycle the modes already installed with only the charger (no extra equipment, its a pain, but can be done).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:50 AM   #3
offthemap
Not Yet Wild

Thanks CG. Yeah that's the one I'm talking about. The USB port-to-computer programmer.

I've watched all the videos, have all of the best "user manuals" that I can find (im up to 11 pdf's at this point haha), but I haven't been able to do the "tap" test to determine my algorithm because I only have a 36v pack right now. I want to make sure that this charger can change before I buy $250 worth of batteries and a few more cables.

HOWEVER, I have an idea! There is a 12v deep cycle battery under my seat that I use for accessories, would it be possible for me to connect my pack to the 12v battery to make it 48v just for the purposes of testing the charger?

I don't want to run it or charge it that way. Just need to test. Do you see any issues with that?

Also, if I were to take the "D" style charge plug end off of my broken powerwise charger will I be able to wire it directly up in replace of the RXV three pin style charge cord end?
offthemap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 02:41 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

The 48v thing should work fine. But the "handle swap" isnt so simple, the pins inside are not the same size, so some soldering & splicing is in order. Also, the RVX charger should be set to use the temp sensor (third wire), so using the TXT plug should not work without changing the charger mode to a mode without temp sensor correction (third wire in TXT handle is Not a temp sensor wire). Should be only "information purposes" for you, you have to change the profile anyway.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO