lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2015, 09:33 PM   #1
Baller5281
Not Yet Wild

Default 10" VS !2" on my EZGO Electric

I am new to the forum. recently bought a farm cart 2006 ezgo TXTPD 36V. I cleaned it up and bought new seats fo it and removed second rear seat and put golf bag adapter on. The batteries were original so of course I think they are bad. They charged to 12 amps the first day and they back to zero the second morning. I am guessing that means they are bad.Lots of crackling and frying bacon sounds coming from them.

I cleared out the batteries and cleaned up all the rust. Batteries are $113 USBattery $125Trojan t105. Not sure which ones to get? Any thoughts from anyone. I hope it will run after getting batteries. I also want to get after market wheels. I am not lifting it so is 12 " ok or should I stick to 10" for engine reasons?

JAFO. Thanks
Baller5281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2015, 09:36 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 10" VS !2" on my EZGO Electric

Trojan is still the best battery IMHO. Get the best battery you can afford. Taller tires reduce torque, keep that in mind. And welcome to BGW
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:24 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You didn't mention the model number of the US Battery, so there is no way to make a comparison, but US Battery batteries require a charging profile that older chargers don't have while older chargers are set up for charging Trojan batteries and their clones.

As for 10" vs 12" wheels, either will be fine. Overall tire height is the important dimension. Stock height is 18" and if you go taller than that you loose torque and gain speed.

Max tire height without lifting the cart is about 20", which is available with either 10" or 12" rim diameters, as well as others.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 08:33 AM   #4
ez-buggie
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller5281 View Post
I am new to the forum. recently bought a farm cart 2006 ezgo TXTPD 36V. I cleaned it up and bought new seats fo it and removed second rear seat and put golf bag adapter on. The batteries were original so of course I think they are bad. They charged to 12 amps the first day and they back to zero the second morning. I am guessing that means they are bad.Lots of crackling and frying bacon sounds coming from them.

I cleared out the batteries and cleaned up all the rust. Batteries are $113 USBattery $125Trojan t105. Not sure which ones to get? Any thoughts from anyone. I hope it will run after getting batteries. I also want to get after market wheels. I am not lifting it so is 12 " ok or should I stick to 10" for engine reasons?

JAFO. Thanks
Welcome! I'm a "newby" as well and you've came to the right place. Lot's of help here from folks who have "been there and done that". The two guys above me here are two of many who are very helpful and knowledgeable in all things "electric cart". I have an older cart with an older charger and have Trojan T-605's. I'm not sure what the difference in 105 and 605 is but we'll soon find out with the folks here. That's the part of what's so great here. Anyway, I hope your battery replacement does the trick and the wheel update goes well. My battery replacement hasn't gone as planned and has been somewhat frustrating BUT I've learned a thing or two which is what counts, I guess. You don't have the "weak link" controller that I have so my guess is that you won't have to venture down that road at least, which you can read about here http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...wont-go-7.html. I picked up 6-Trojan T-605's for less that $700 with tax so I guess I got a pretty good deal on them. Oh, BTW, pics man, we need pics! Again, welcome, hop in, mash the pedal and enjoy the ride!
ez-buggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:37 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Trojan produces four grades of 6V Deep-Cycle Wet-Cell Lead-Acid batteries.
T-605 (210AH) - Economy
T-105 (225AH) - Standard
T-125 (240AH) - Premium
T-145 (260AH) - Super Premium

The T-105 is more or less the benchmark all other golf cart batteries are compared to.

The higher that battery's AH rating, the longer it will last before it needs to be replaced and during its cradle to grave lifespan, the cart will travel further on a single charge.

To determine the best bang for the buck, divide the total installed cost by the projected lifespan in months to get the cost per month. (See attached)

For example: If $750 was the total installed cost for T-105 batteries, T-605 batteries would have to have a total cost less than $703.29 to break even, while $789.45 is the break even point for T-125 batteries and $851.21 for t-145 batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Trojan lifespan comparisons.jpg (94.3 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 01:50 PM   #6
crash test dummy

i have had real good results with the Powertron (trojan made )
Old 09-25-2015, 05:42 PM   #7
chloe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Baller, these are 12 inch low profile tires on my stock suspension cart. They are a great compromise between torque loss and speed gain.
chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO