lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2015, 10:46 PM   #1
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default RXV only runs some time?

2010 rxv. Belongs to a customer of mine. This is what happens.

Turn the key switch to reverse, sometimes cart will go, sometimes not. When that happens, he has to turn the key switch on then off about 6 to 8 times, then it will kick in. He had a local cart shop replace the key switch, but didn't resolve problem. This happens in both forward and reverse.

He turns the key on, lets it go thru the start up test, then steps on the pedal, and more times than not, cart won't go, until he repeats the on off cycle.

I didn't have my handheld with me today, so i could diagnose any codes.

I will see the cart again on friday, thats when i will hook up the handheld.

I opened up the floor to look at the sensors, they are really dirty down there. Someone told me you can take the go pedal apart and clean some sort of round tube type cylinder ?? He says sometimes dirt and sand and crap gets in that cylinder and cause issues.

Any ideas what is going on here?
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2015, 11:40 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV only runs some time?

Use air to blow every bit of crap out of pedal area. Check "rubber bumper rest spot" for both pedals (bumper where pedal rests when not pressed). Sounds like your customer already waits for "Power On Self Test" to complete before pressing pedals. The controller saves a history of what codes have been recently set, this is your friend... The hour meter will show what codes are new. I bet you will find a bunch of (25107) Brake test fail codes. Also Sequence error codes (gas or brake pressed too soon, or not returning to "full off" position). I may be calling them by the wrong name (the codes), i will clean that up in a minute. I love that both controllers have "timestamps" that will tell you what codes are "new codes" , i have seen so many carts come from the assembly line with "ac overcurrent" codes at 0.0 hours,
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:17 AM   #3
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

CG, does this go pedal cylinder that i described, sound familiar to you?

Supposedly after you remove a small pin, and take the pedal off the part it rotates on, this " cylinder" can be removed and cleaned up, and that will make a difference??

Anything come to mind, as far as what the problem sounds like?
Old 10-21-2015, 12:31 AM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Cylinder? Not at all. The "pivot point"? I have never seen that problem (i live in the desert, may be different for you)
Old 10-21-2015, 12:33 AM   #5
cgtech

Yamaha

I replaced 68 pedal assemblys in Drives for "possible corrosion problems" for recall (on a small course, years ago), they were all perfect to me. Needless to say, i can adjust Drive brakes with my eyes closed.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:38 AM   #6
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Cg, i'm 4 hours away from you. I live in Indio, ca. Lots of sand.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:52 AM   #7
cgtech

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey tennis shoe View Post
Cg, i'm 4 hours away from you. I live in Indio, ca. Lots of sand.
And not so much rust...
Old 10-21-2015, 12:55 AM   #8
cgtech

Yamaha

Never seen that myself. I usually run into "aftermarket floor mats" interfering with the pedals. I hate those things, but the salesmen are on the "magic carpet ride" (yes, every single option will fit with all the other options, all at the same time, with zero interference, ever...yes, your "hovercraft kit" will be installed today).
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO