lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2015, 05:42 AM   #11
Denval
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: RXV only creaps very slow in gear

cg tech
A scope reading would be great, maybe I could buy a kit and build one over the xmas break, Meanwhile I am tring to get a mobile cart mechanic to help. Will let you know the outcome.
skeeter 66
The RXV uses the electic motor for braking the cart when releasing the accelerator whilst the brake pedal operates a park brake on the end of the motor at a very slow speed. The park brake does apply and release correctly. The brakes dragging was my first thought also, they operate fine.
Denval is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-08-2015, 12:56 AM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Your description of operation of the rxv brake is not totally correct, the motor serves all normal "slow down" braking, once the motor has brought the cart to a Complete Stop, the mechanical brake will engage to Hold the already stopped cart from moving. The only 2 situations where the mechanical brake would ever engage while in motion are: 1- Panic stop, pedal mashed to the floor, 2- total electrical failure (fried motor, fried controller, bad battery or cable). Both of these things are very rough on the mechanical brake..
(I work for ezgo dealer)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2015, 05:55 AM   #13
Denval
Not Yet Wild

Was unable to get a mobile cart mechanic to visit, he needed the cart at his workshop for such a fault. Managed to borrow a DSO 203 hand oscilloscope . I spend many hours resourcing how to use it and testing for a square wave from the white wire out of the encoder. I could read a straight line voltage on selecting forward but whilst wheels turning the pattern was a messy wave and no adjustment of X ( time ) could give a reading with regular pattern or spacing. Sorry unsure how to send image. I did use the scope to read its own square wave produced output ,without problem
Old 12-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #14
cgtech

Yamaha

Not totally sold on the encoder being the problem just yet, but, the ezgo part number for your encoder is 612595.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:14 PM   #15
Denval
Not Yet Wild

What further tests could I do ? . I could remove encoder and visually check for damage before buying a new one. Can I replace encoder with motor in situ ?
Old 12-10-2015, 06:30 PM   #16
cgtech

Yamaha

Visual inspection wont likely get you far. The motor has to be removed to change it (which involves unhooking the 3 cables from the motor controller). Some snap ring pliers and some allen sockets are the only "special tools" needed to take apart motor. Before i spent any money on an encoder, i would get a programmer/scanner on there to see what the cart thinks is wrong. If you get the RXV troubleshooting guide off this site, it has pages of electrical tests to try.
Old 12-12-2015, 09:29 AM   #17
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Can you get access to a Ez-Go handheld diagnostic computer?
Call local Golf cart shops and see what they would charge to run diagnostics.
The problem should show in warnings.
Handheld is verry useful in cases like this.

BTW bad tach sensor usually causes rough/unpredictable acceleration and brakeing
before total failure.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 05:29 PM   #18
Denval
Not Yet Wild

Have been unable to get a mobile tech to scan my cart. Due to my location it is expensive to transport cart to a workshop . I have ordered a bearing encoder and have removed old encoder from my cart. Its worth a try. The second plan is to remove Dancher controller to be opened to check for loose or burnt contacts or corrosion. As I have mentioned before I have a 5 volt supply and earth to encoder ,but unable to get a square wave signal out of either the white or blue/white wires. Have spoken again to the owner of the cart and they did experience the throttle being depressed with no movement of cart then a fast lunge forward on two occasions before total failure
Old 12-12-2015, 05:49 PM   #19
Denval
Not Yet Wild

Just had another ideal, whilst waiting for my new encoder, I could supply a 5 volt power and earth to my removed encoder and spin bearing whilst checking for a square wave. This should pass or fail encoder
Old 12-19-2015, 12:15 AM   #20
Denval
Not Yet Wild

Thank for your help and this site for sticky notes. I have replaced the bearing encoder and the cart runs great. Attached before and after scope reading from the white wire on the encoder .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (98.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (151.2 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO