lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-21-2015, 03:12 PM   #11
Kainedogg
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 48 volt conversion build

Sub'd for motivation.
Kainedogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-21-2015, 08:46 PM   #12
Helirich
Gone Wild

So after painting, I started assemboly.

I ordered one of the rivet kits from Buggies Unlimited. I had two rivet guns, one a high quality design that excepts differnt sizes. But It didnt take the biggest ones. That was OK because my hands were sore from the smaller ones. LOL. The Beast had fender flares that were all busted up, but they were mounted to the cart with nice stainless round head, allen bolts with stainless locknuts. So I used them on the new cart in lots of places like the charging socket and the "on board" charger. I also used them to fasten the front body to the lower frame.

Then I used the same hardware on the stainless floor trim.

After getting the body mounted I had to clean up all the metal work on the flip seat and paint. (Rustoleim) A few of the bars needed straightened. The front bumper was a real problem. First I tried to sell it with winch. Nobody wanted it at $200. But when I looked for much smaller lighter bumper to buy, it seemed everybody wanted a fortune. So I cut off the winch mount and painted it. It turned out nice, but I didnt realize it was twisted some. After a trial fitting I had to burn off my fresh paint to bend it back in to shape. In the end, it turned out pretty good. The only thing I didnt like is its a little high and may block some of the headlights. All and all, the cart looks pretty good.

I have a few things to do yet. I have to buy two more batteries and convert to 48 V. I think I have to fix the heavy duty leaf springs from the beast or buy new ones. I might buy some new fender flares.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 08:45 PM   #13
Helirich
Gone Wild

Ive been really busy lately, but I thought I would quickly install a limited slip in the diff. The key word is "thought". First, I removed the pax wheel, axle nut and drum. Pulled the axle bearing snap ring. Then installed the drum backwards. This allowed me to pull the axle out with bearing.

Simple, on to the other side. I got to the point where I pull the drum off. No joy. After much PB blaster and hammering I heated it with a propane torch. No luck. Then I bolted this long heavy bar on which allowed me to hammer more effectively.

Still no luck. Next up swap the propane for oxy-esetline torch. I got it so hot that I believe the seals on the bearing will be hurt. More hammering. Still no luck.

Next up, go buy a "drum puller". Cranked on it as tight as I dare. Beat on it, more PB blaster, more heat. It appears to move! Excitment is short lived when the lug nut strips out. (it was what moved) OK, I had enough. The *** thing is coming off no matter what. I have a "parts cart", so I dont have to save it. So out comes the cut off wheel.

After much butchering, I broke out BFH tool. the outside of the drum gave way.

Now a slice to the center and more hammering on a chisel.

This is how it sits now. the axle threads are a little mangled. I dont think it matters because the splines are corroded beyond use. (thats what was holding the drum up) I had to go to work, so Ill get back on it in a couple weeks.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:01 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Holy Crap Batman That was one welded drum. Be sure to get the Ausco HD hub and drum set for replacements.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 736-1_lrg-600x600.jpg (47.0 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 11:17 PM   #15
LVCJ
going,.. going,.. gone!

E-Z-GO

and maybe add a little "Anti-seize" or "never-seize" to those splines upon re-assembly......
LVCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 11:31 AM   #16
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Holy Crap Batman That was one welded drum. Be sure to get the Ausco HD hub and drum set for replacements.
I have another cart for parts, so I will probably just install the axle/drum from that. (Unless it's seized) if I do buy something, I would probably go disc. I'm waiting till I upgrade to 48V. I might want the disc because it will go too fast.

Edit, is there any advantage to the HD drums over disc?
Old 01-15-2016, 11:39 AM   #17
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Ausco cable disc brake set uses the same heavy duty hub
Old 01-15-2016, 10:28 PM   #18
Helirich
Gone Wild

Some pics I forgot to post earlier. I didnt like the hole in the dash. (not sure what its for) Anyways I made a cover and painted to match. Then I had a friend make a sticker. Turned out nice.

Old 01-15-2016, 11:57 PM   #19
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Ripley's believe it or not ...... the hole in the golf cart dash holds a rack of golf balls.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:14 AM   #20
jackman08
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thats hard to believe scotty...... who is their right mind would put golf balls on a "golf" !!! cart
jackman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO